- 32 min ago BMW Group Announces Special Finance Offers In India: Here Are ‘Easy Start’ Details
- 1 hr ago Bike Sales Report For May 2020: Honda Two-Wheelers Register Over 90% Decline In Domestic Sales
- 3 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Price Increase Announced Across Variants: Here Is The New List
- 18 hrs ago Suzuki Access 125 & Burgman Street BS6 Scooters Prices Hiked: Here Is The New Price List
- News Over 50,000 evacuated in Gujarat, Daman ahead of cyclone
- Movies Saaho Director Sujeeth And Pravallika To Get Engaged On June 10th
- Sports England vs West Indies: Hussain says players need to get used to no saliva, no celebration
- Technology Valorant Video Game Released In India: How And Where To Download For Windows PC
- Finance Services PMI For May At 12.6 From Previous Month’s Historic Low
- Lifestyle Geeta Basra Or Taapsee Pannu, Whose Colourful Lehenga Will You Pick For Monsoon Wedding?
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Kia Motors is all set to introduce its first SUV in the Indian market, the Seltos. The upcoming SUV will go on sale in India from the 22nd of August, with bookings for the Seltos having already begun 20 days back, on the 16th of July.
Now ahead of its launch, Kia Motors has announced that the Seltos has already received over 23,000 units of bookings for the SUV in the market. Out of this, the Seltos recorded 6,000 bookings on the very first day itself, easily making it one of the most anticipated SUV in the country.
Now, with another 14 days left for its launch in the country, we expect these booking number to further grow over the the 35k mark. Bookings for the Kia Seltos can be done online at the company's official website for an amount of Rs 25,000.
The Kia Seltos will be available in two main trims: Tech-Line and GT-Line, each of which will have three sub-variants. The tech-line will have the HTX, HTK and HTE; similarly, the GT-Line will be offered with the GTX, GTK and the GTE — here are all the details regarding the variant and features on the Seltos.
The Kia Seltos will further be offered with a range of three engine options. This includes a 1.5-litre NA petrol producing 115bhp and 144Nm of torque; a 15-litre diesel churning out 115bhp and 250Nm of torque and a more powerful 1.4-litre turbo-petrol GDi engine producing 140bhp and 242Nm of torque.
All three engines will come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox. The SUV will offer a choice of three automatic transmissions: CVT, IVT and the DCT. The 1.5-litre petrol will get the CVT gearbox, the diesel engine will be mated to the IVT while the 1.4-litre turbo-petrol will come with the optional seven-speed DCT automatic transmission — here are the top things to know about the upcoming SUV.
Thoughts On The Kia Seltos Bookings
The Kia Seltos has clearly received an overwhelming response in the Indian market, even before being launched. Positioned in the mid-size SUV segment, the Kia Seltos will be priced competitively; rivalling the likes of the Jeep Compass, Tata Harrier, Hyundai Creta and the MG Hector.