- 2 hrs ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 2 hrs ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 5 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- Movies Veteran Music Composer Khayyam Passes Away
- Sports PKL 2019: UP Yoddha notch comfortable win over league leaders Jaipur Pink Panthers
- News RSS slams critics for 'politicising' Bhagwat's remark clarifies outfit's stand
- Technology Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi Y3, Redmi 7, Redmi Note 7S Get Up To Rs. 1,000 Price Cut
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Kia Motors is all set to introduce its first SUV in the Indian market, the Seltos. The upcoming SUV will go on sale in India from the 22nd of August, with bookings for the Seltos having already begun 20 days back, on the 16th of July.
Now ahead of its launch, Kia Motors has announced that the Seltos has already received over 23,000 units of bookings for the SUV in the market. Out of this, the Seltos recorded 6,000 bookings on the very first day itself, easily making it one of the most anticipated SUV in the country.
Now, with another 14 days left for its launch in the country, we expect these booking number to further grow over the the 35k mark. Bookings for the Kia Seltos can be done online at the company's official website for an amount of Rs 25,000.
The Kia Seltos will be available in two main trims: Tech-Line and GT-Line, each of which will have three sub-variants. The tech-line will have the HTX, HTK and HTE; similarly, the GT-Line will be offered with the GTX, GTK and the GTE — here are all the details regarding the variant and features on the Seltos.
The Kia Seltos will further be offered with a range of three engine options. This includes a 1.5-litre NA petrol producing 115bhp and 144Nm of torque; a 15-litre diesel churning out 115bhp and 250Nm of torque and a more powerful 1.4-litre turbo-petrol GDi engine producing 140bhp and 242Nm of torque.
All three engines will come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox. The SUV will offer a choice of three automatic transmissions: CVT, IVT and the DCT. The 1.5-litre petrol will get the CVT gearbox, the diesel engine will be mated to the IVT while the 1.4-litre turbo-petrol will come with the optional seven-speed DCT automatic transmission — here are the top things to know about the upcoming SUV.
Thoughts On The Kia Seltos Bookings
The Kia Seltos has clearly received an overwhelming response in the Indian market, even before being launched. Positioned in the mid-size SUV segment, the Kia Seltos will be priced competitively; rivalling the likes of the Jeep Compass, Tata Harrier, Hyundai Creta and the MG Hector.