- 2 hrs ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 19 hrs ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 2 days ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 3 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- News FIR against 4 rape accused killed in encounter in Hyderabad for 'attacking' cops
- Lifestyle Hair Dyes Can Increase The Risk Of These 6 Diseases
- Finance Donald Trump Calls For World Bank To Stop Lending To China
- Sports Cricket Australia promise 'international standard' wicket for Boxing Day Test
- Movies Arjun Suravaram Box Office Verdict: Nikhil Siddharth Starrer Emerges As A Hit!
- Technology OnePlus 8 Lite Design Revealed Via CAD-Based Renders
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Kia Motors officially announced the start of bookings for its upcoming Seltos SUV on the 16th of July. The company has now announced that the Seltos has garnered an overwhelming response with over 6,046 units of bookings on the first day itself. The mid-size SUV from Kia Motors will go on sale in India on the 22nd of August.
Manohar Bhat, Vice President and Head - Sales & Marketing, Kia Motors India stated,
"Getting such an overwhelming response from customers across the 160 cities where we are present, makes us elated. It is a remarkable feat and is a testament to Kia's unparalleled & extraordinary brand recognition and acceptability in India that our brand campaign has help us achieve. Our mid-SUV, the Seltos is BSVI compliant from day 1 and is available in both petrol and diesel, with both Manual and Automatic options in all powertrains, it makes it an attractive proposition."
He further added, "We are committed to the Indian market and to delivering the best and class leading products. With our most modern automotive plant having 3 lakh capacity, we are fully prepared to make on time deliveries and uphold the trust our customers have shown in us."
The Kia Seltos will be available in two trims: Tech Line and GT-Line. Both these variants will further be available with a choice of three engines. These include a 1.5-litre petrol, 1.5-litre diesel and a smaller yet more powerful 1.4-litre turbo-petrol.
The 1.5-litre petrol will produce 115bhp and 144Nm of torque while the 1.5-litre diesel churns out 115bhp and 250Nm of torque. The smaller 1.4-litre turbo-petrol, however, will produce 140bhp and 242Nm of torque. All three engine will come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with the option of three automatic transmissions: CVT, IVT and DCT.
The Kia Seltos also comes packed with a host of features and safety equipment. Some of the features on the Kia Seltos: 10.25-inch HD touchscreen display, 8.0-inch heads-up display, 360-degree surround view monitor, blind-spot monitoring, world's first connect air-purifier, Kia's proprietary UVO connect system, 8-speaker Bose Hi-Fi sound system, ventilated front seats, rear shade curtain, fully-digital instrument cluster and a host of others as well.
Thoughts On The Kia Seltos Pre-Booking Numbers
With 6,046 units of pre-booking numbers, the Kia Seltos is definitely one of the most anticipated cars of 2019. The Kia Seltos once launched in India will be positioned in the highly competitive mid-size SUV segment, taking on rivals such as the Tata Harrier, Mahindra XUV500, Jeep Compass and its cousin, the Hyundai Creta as well. Prices for the Kia Seltos will be announced closer to its date of launch in August.