- 21 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso India Launch Confirmed For The 30th Of September: Details & Specs
- 1 day ago Benling Aura Electric Scooter Launching In September: Will Rival The Ather 450 In India
- 1 day ago Kia Seltos Top Features: Here Are The Key Features Available On The Kia Seltos SUV
- 1 day ago Maruti XL6 Official Accessories Launched: Gets Roof Spoiler, Carpet Mats & More!
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day 5: Kangana Ranaut Took Our Breath Away With A Pastel Blue Make-up Look
- News No shortage of medicines; phone restriction helped save lives in Valley: Satya Pal Malik
- Movies Inshallah: Who's Trying To Sabotage Salman Khan's Movie? Theatrical Rights Sold for Rs 190 Crore!
- Sports US Open: Djokovic welcomes Federer and Nadal's 'great impact' on player council
- Technology Must-Have Apps To Enhance WhatsApp User Experience On Android
- Finance Gold Scales To Rs. 38,600 On Fed Powell Comments And Grim Trade War Outlook
- Education NTA To Conduct JNU Entrance Test JNUET In May 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Kia Motors is all set to enter the Indian market with their first product, the Seltos. The new Kia Seltos was globally premiered in India almost a month ago and since then has generated quite an interest for itself in the country.
Kia has finally started accepting bookings for the Seltos SUV. The Kia Seltos bookings can be done either through the company's dealerships or online for an amount of Rs 25,000. The Seltos will be launched in the Indian market on the 22nd of August, with deliveries set to begin immediately afterwards.
Kia Motors aims to set up a total of 265 touchpoints across 160 cities in the country; including sales and service points. We had previously reported about the list of cities, along with the locations with the upcoming Kia dealerships — check out the list here.
The Kia Seltos once launched in the Indian market will be available with a range of three engine options: Smartstream 1.5-litre petrol, 1.5-litre diesel CRDi VGT and the Smartstream 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine options.
The 1.5-litre petrol is said to produce 115bhp and 144Nm of torque. It will be mated to either a six-speed manual or a CVT automatic gearbox.
The 1.5-litre diesel engine will churn out 1115bhp and 250Nm of torque; mated to either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission.
Lastly, the 1.4-litre turbo-petrol will put out 140bhp and 242Nm of torque and will come mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DCT transmission.
In terms of features, the Kia Seltos will be offered with a host of segment-firsts or best-in-class features and equipment.
Some of these features include LED headlamps, LED taillights, LED DRLs, 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, 7.0-inch fully digital instrument cluster, 8-inch heads-up display, ventilated seats, Kia's proprietary UVO Connect with 37 additional functionalities and a host of other safety features as well.
Thoughts On The Kia Seltos Bookings
The Kia Seltos is one of the most-anticipated SUVs in the Indian market. Kia has already garnered a lot of interest even ahead of the launch of its product in the Indian market.
Positioned in the mid-size SUV segment, the Kia Seltos will rival the likes of its cousin, the Hyundai Creta, Mahindra XUV500, Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass, MG Hector and the Nissan Kicks. Expect Kia Motors to price the Seltos competitively in the Rs 12 lakh to Rs 15 lakh, ex-showroom range.