- 5 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 7 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 8 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 8 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Kia Motors recently launched the Seltos SUV in the Indian market. The Kia Seltos is the first product from the Korean carmaker in the country and is offered with a starting price of Rs 9.69 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Now, in an interview with ET Auto, Manohar Bhatt, National Head (Sales & Marketing), Kia Motors India has confirmed that the company has registered over 40,000 bookings for the Seltos in the Indian market. The Kia Seltos now demands a waiting period of over 2 to 3 months as well.
The Kia Seltos launched on 22nd August registered over 6000 units of sales within the first 8 days. It quickly overtook its cousin, the Hyundai Creta in terms of sales to become the top-selling mid-size SUV in the country — here is the top-selling SUV list.
The Kia Seltos is offered with a host of features and technology, making it a very attractive model in the segment. It comes with a host of segment-first and best-in-class features as well. This includes ventilated front seats, Smart Air Purifier, keyless entry, engine start/stop, 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, 8.0-inch heads-up display, electric sunroof, power-adjustable front driver and passenger seats; among a host of others.
The Kia Seltos is powered by three engine options: 1.5-litre petrol and diesel units both producing 115bhp with 144Nm and 250Nm of peak torque, respectively and a 1.4-litre T-GDI petrol churning out 138bhp and 242Nm of peak torque.
All three engines come mated to a six-speed manual gearbox, with the choice of three automatic transmissions: CVT, IVT and DCT.
The Kia Seltos is one of the most popular models in the Indian market. Positioned in the highly competitive mid-size SUV segment, the car rivals the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Mahindra XUV500, Tata Harrier and the Jeep Compass.
The company manufactures the Seltos SUV at its facility in the district of Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. The plant is said to have a production capacity of 300,000 units per annum. The Seltos is available in two main trims: Tech-Line and GT-Line.
Thoughts On The Kia Seltos Bookings Milestone
Kia Seltos is one of the most popular SUVs in the Indian market. The SUV offers an excellent combination of performance, comfort and features; making it an extremely attractive package in the country. The company is said to have already taken over a good chunk of the Indian car market share within the first month.