- 24 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- Sports India vs South Africa, 3rd Test: Unfortunate that we dropped Rohit's chance on Day 1: George Linde
- News Anyone who harms ongoing peace process in Kashmir will be jailed: Ram Madhav
- Movies Ayushmann Khurrana Says He’s Made A Career Out Of Playing Roles Which Most Would Not Choose
- Technology How To Pin Live Score On Android Homescreen
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
During the global reveal of its new SUV the Seltos, Kia Motors confirmed to AutoCar India that the company is planning an MPV for the Indian market. Han Woo Park, President and CEO, Kia Motors Corporation said, "I'm thinking about how to build our brand image in India and also about our next model and one of the options is an MPV."
The Kia MPV will be built on the same platform that is featured on the Kia Seltos, and will rival the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and the Mahindra Marazzo. The Seltos platform also underpins the next-generation Hyundai Creta, which is scheduled to launch early next year. Unlike the Hyundai that will feature a 7-seat variant of the Creta, Kia feels an MPV would work better.
Sources also say that Kia Motors believes that a 7-seater Seltos SUV wouldn't be too different from a 5-seater version, and would only bring in incremental sales, and not offsetting development costs.
An MPV, on the other hand, would also be exported to countries like Indonesia (where they are popular), in addition to being available to different consumer segments in the country. Kia feels that the domestic MPV market is also showing growth with new models being launched and also increasing sales figures.
The Toyota Innova continues its be a top performer in the segment, followed by the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga. Mahindra too are finding success with the Marazzo, and Renault has followed suit with the Triber.
Kia Motors just unveiled the all new Kia Seltos yesterday. The Kia Seltos features muscular shoulder lines, diamond cut alloy wheels, ice-cube LED fog lamps, a fully digital instrument cluster, a segment first 10.25 inch touchscreen unit, and an 8-speaker audio system from Bose.
The Seltos is powered by a 1.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine, a 1.5-litre turbo charged diesel engine, and a segment first 1.4-litre turbo charged petrol engine. To know more about the Kia Seltos, click here.
Note: Images for representation purpose only