- 1 hr ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Recalled To Replace Faulty Brake Component — Is Your Motorcycle Involved?
- 1 hr ago New (2019) Hyundai Grand i10 India-Launch On 20th August — Even Ahead Of Its Global Public Debut
- 1 hr ago Napino Signs MOU With Farasis Energy Inc. — Will Manufacture Battery Packs For EVs In India
- 3 hrs ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- Movies Ayushmann Khurrana Is A Risk Taker; Says He Doesn’t Know What A ‘Safe Script’ Means
- News IMA scam: Mansoor Khan’s ED custody extended till July 26
- Sports Virat Kohli retains top spot in ICC Test Rankings; Ashwin, Jadeja remain in top 10 for bowlers
- Technology Track Every Step You Take With Under Armour’s High-Performance Smart Running Shoes
- Lifestyle L-carnitine: Its Benefits, Sources And Side Effects
- Education Chandrayaan 2: Free Online Courses In Aerospace Engineering Offered By HRD Ministry's Swayam Portal
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
During the global reveal of its new SUV the Seltos, Kia Motors confirmed to AutoCar India that the company is planning an MPV for the Indian market. Han Woo Park, President and CEO, Kia Motors Corporation said, "I'm thinking about how to build our brand image in India and also about our next model and one of the options is an MPV."
The Kia MPV will be built on the same platform that is featured on the Kia Seltos, and will rival the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and the Mahindra Marazzo. The Seltos platform also underpins the next-generation Hyundai Creta, which is scheduled to launch early next year. Unlike the Hyundai that will feature a 7-seat variant of the Creta, Kia feels an MPV would work better.
Sources also say that Kia Motors believes that a 7-seater Seltos SUV wouldn't be too different from a 5-seater version, and would only bring in incremental sales, and not offsetting development costs.
An MPV, on the other hand, would also be exported to countries like Indonesia (where they are popular), in addition to being available to different consumer segments in the country. Kia feels that the domestic MPV market is also showing growth with new models being launched and also increasing sales figures.
The Toyota Innova continues its be a top performer in the segment, followed by the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga. Mahindra too are finding success with the Marazzo, and Renault has followed suit with the Triber.
Kia Motors just unveiled the all new Kia Seltos yesterday. The Kia Seltos features muscular shoulder lines, diamond cut alloy wheels, ice-cube LED fog lamps, a fully digital instrument cluster, a segment first 10.25 inch touchscreen unit, and an 8-speaker audio system from Bose.
The Seltos is powered by a 1.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine, a 1.5-litre turbo charged diesel engine, and a segment first 1.4-litre turbo charged petrol engine. To know more about the Kia Seltos, click here.
Note: Images for representation purpose only