- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- Sports India vs South Africa, 3rd Test: Unfortunate that we dropped Rohit's chance on Day 1: George Linde
- News Anyone who harms ongoing peace process in Kashmir will be jailed: Ram Madhav
- Movies Ayushmann Khurrana Says He’s Made A Career Out Of Playing Roles Which Most Would Not Choose
- Technology How To Pin Live Score On Android Homescreen
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Kia Motors India is all set to launch its first product in the Indian market with the Seltos SUV. The new SUV had its global premiere in India, last month and is scheduled to go on sale in the market from August 2019.
Now, ahead of its first product launch, Autocar India reports that Kia has confirmed the Carnival MPV as the second product for the Indian market.The Kia Carnival MPV is said to go on sale in the Indian market sometime in 2020 and will be positioned a segment above the Toyota Innova Crysta.
The Kia Carnival is a premium MPV offering from the Korean brand in the Indian market. The Carnival comes with large dimensions measuring 5,115mm in length, 1,985mm in width and 1,740mm in height. This makes it 380mm longer and 155mm wider than the Toyota Innova Crysta. The Kia Carnival also comes with a wheelbase of 3,060mm, allowing it to be offered with either a seven, eight or eleven-seater configuration on the inside.
Th Kia Carnival comes with premium features and equipments. This includes a three-zone climate control, electrically-powered sliding rear doors, LED lighting all-around, a large touchscreen infotainment system, Kia's UVO Connect-Car technology, individual captain seats for the second row and a host of other safety equipment as well.
The Kia Carnival MPV will come powered by a 2.2-litre four-cylinder diesel engine. It produces 202bhp @ 3,800rpm and 441Nm of torque @ 1,750rpm and is mated to either a six-speed manual or automatic gearbox; sending power to the front wheels.
We recently visited the Kia facility in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh where we got a chance to briefly drive the upcoming Kia Carnival as well — here are the details.
Kia is however said to bring in a mildly updated version of the Carnival in the Indian market. The facelifted Carnival MPV will be showcased at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo.
Thoughts On The Kia Carnival MPV
The Kia Carnival MPV is a premium product from the brand in the segment. The Carnival once launched in India will not have any direct rivals in the market, however it will take on the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta. The Kia Carnival MPV is expected to be priced in the range of Rs 30 lakh, ex-showroom once it goes on sale in the country.