- 37 min ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Recalled To Replace Faulty Brake Component — Is Your Motorcycle Involved?
- 38 min ago New (2019) Hyundai Grand i10 India-Launch On 20th August — Even Ahead Of Its Global Public Debut
- 55 min ago Napino Signs MOU With Farasis Energy Inc. — Will Manufacture Battery Packs For EVs In India
- 2 hrs ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- Technology Track Every Step You Take With Under Armour’s High-Performance Smart Running Shoes
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 3 Contestants Salary: Who Takes Home The Maximum Pay?
- Sports Wriddhiman 3.0 ready to 'shoulder' responsibility as India A take on West Indies A
- News "Ready to quit happily": Kumaraswamy in an emotional speech in assembly
- Lifestyle L-carnitine: Its Benefits, Sources And Side Effects
- Education Chandrayaan 2: Free Online Courses In Aerospace Engineering Offered By HRD Ministry's Swayam Portal
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
Kia Motors India is all set to launch its first product in the Indian market with the Seltos SUV. The new SUV had its global premiere in India, last month and is scheduled to go on sale in the market from August 2019.
Now, ahead of its first product launch, Autocar India reports that Kia has confirmed the Carnival MPV as the second product for the Indian market.The Kia Carnival MPV is said to go on sale in the Indian market sometime in 2020 and will be positioned a segment above the Toyota Innova Crysta.
The Kia Carnival is a premium MPV offering from the Korean brand in the Indian market. The Carnival comes with large dimensions measuring 5,115mm in length, 1,985mm in width and 1,740mm in height. This makes it 380mm longer and 155mm wider than the Toyota Innova Crysta. The Kia Carnival also comes with a wheelbase of 3,060mm, allowing it to be offered with either a seven, eight or eleven-seater configuration on the inside.
Th Kia Carnival comes with premium features and equipments. This includes a three-zone climate control, electrically-powered sliding rear doors, LED lighting all-around, a large touchscreen infotainment system, Kia's UVO Connect-Car technology, individual captain seats for the second row and a host of other safety equipment as well.
The Kia Carnival MPV will come powered by a 2.2-litre four-cylinder diesel engine. It produces 202bhp @ 3,800rpm and 441Nm of torque @ 1,750rpm and is mated to either a six-speed manual or automatic gearbox; sending power to the front wheels.
We recently visited the Kia facility in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh where we got a chance to briefly drive the upcoming Kia Carnival as well — here are the details.
Kia is however said to bring in a mildly updated version of the Carnival in the Indian market. The facelifted Carnival MPV will be showcased at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo.
Thoughts On The Kia Carnival MPV
The Kia Carnival MPV is a premium product from the brand in the segment. The Carnival once launched in India will not have any direct rivals in the market, however it will take on the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta. The Kia Carnival MPV is expected to be priced in the range of Rs 30 lakh, ex-showroom once it goes on sale in the country.