- 13 min ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Recalled To Replace Faulty Brake Component — Is Your Motorcycle Involved?
- 14 min ago New (2019) Hyundai Grand i10 India-Launch On 20th August — Even Ahead Of Its Global Public Debut
- 31 min ago Napino Signs MOU With Farasis Energy Inc. — Will Manufacture Battery Packs For EVs In India
- 2 hrs ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 8: Telugu Titans Vs Dabang Delhi: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- News "Ready to quit happily": Kumaraswamy in an emotional speech in assembly
- Movies Is This The Reason Behind Nayanthara-Dhanush Rift? Shocking Deets Inside
- Lifestyle L-carnitine: Its Benefits, Sources And Side Effects
- Education Chandrayaan 2: Free Online Courses In Aerospace Engineering Offered By HRD Ministry's Swayam Portal
- Technology Asus ROG Phone II Launched – Other Gaming Smartphones That Might Face The Heat
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
Jeep India launched the Compass SUV in the Indian market back in 2017. Since then, the SUV has brought in good volume of sales month-on-month for the brand in the country. However, over the last few months, sales of the Compass has reduced.
According to the latest sales report from Jeep, the Compass has witnessed a 46 percent drop in sales for the month of June 2019. In the previous month, Jeep recorded sales of just 791 units of the compass, compared to 1,478 units in the same month last year.
The sales have seemed to drop since the start of the year, which saw the launch of the Tata Harrier, one of the main rivals to the Compass in the market. Jeep has been updating its SUV in India quite frequently, adding new variants and features each time.
Their latest update came in the form of an all-new off-roading variant, called the Trailhawk. The Compass Trailhawk is the new top-spec variant in the SUVs lineup and is priced at Rs 26.8 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
This is one of the reasons for the decline in sales of the Jeep Compass, its pricing. The Jeep Compass comes with a starting price of Rs 15.60 lakh, which is almost Rs 3 lakh more than the starting price of most of its competition.
The other reason for the drop could be the increasing competition in the market. Positioned in the mid-size SUV segment, the Jeep Compass rivals the likes of the recently launched Tata Harrier (January 2019) and the MG Hector (last month); along with the recently updated Mahindra XUV500. The Jeep Compass will also take on the Kia Seltos once launched in August this year.
To justify the high pricing of the SUV, Jeep is said to be working on a facelift for the Compass in the Indian market. The new Jeep Compass facelift is expected to launch in India sometime in early 2020. It will come with a host of new features and equipment, justifying its premium price tag.
Thoughts On The Jeep Compass Sales In India
The Jeep Compass is one of the most popular offerings from the brand in the Indian market. The company recently launched its new off-road variant, the Trailhawk and are now planning on introducing a seven-seater SUV based on the Compass as well. However, the premium pricing of the SUV has hit the sales in the Indian market and it will be interesting to see how the brand performs in the coming months.