- 55 min ago Maruti Suzuki Announces New 5 Year/ 1 Lakh Kilometer Warranty On Select Diesel Models
- 6 hrs ago New Isuzu V-Cross Diesel Automatic Launched In India At Rs 19.99 Lakh
- 8 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launching Tomorrow: All You Need To Know
- 9 hrs ago All-New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh
- Sports KPL 2019: Ballari Tuskers cruise to 7-wicket victory over Bijapur Bulls
- Movies Hrithik Roshan And Tiger Shroff’s ‘War’ Will Be An Adrenaline Pumping Visual Extravaganza: Director
- News AAP MLA Sandeep Kumar disqualified
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Is On Tow, Reveals Huami CEO
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor Gives Us A Slay-Worthy Moment With Her Chic Dress For Saaho Promotions
- Education SSC CGL Result 2018 Tier-1 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Finance What Have We Learned About Home Insurance From Recent Floods?
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Jeep India has launched the Compass Trailhawk in the Indian market. The Jeep Compass Trailhawk is priced at Rs 26.8 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The Trailhawk is now the new range-topping variant in the Compass SUV lineup in the Indian market.
The Jeep Compass Trailhawk is the most rugged and off-road capable variant. It comes with a 'Trail-Rated' badging, which certifies it for extreme off-roading. The Compass Trailhawk sits at a premium of Rs 3.69 lakh over the 'Limited Plus' variant, priced at Rs 23.11 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The Jeep Compass Trailhawk offers a number of differences between the standard model and itself. The Trailhawk variant comes with redesigned bumpers, higher ground clearance, better underbody protection and an anti-glare black decal on the bonnet.
The redesigned front and rear bumpers allow for a better approach, departure and break-over angles. The underbody now gets four skid plates instead of two, for better protection during off-roading. Jeep has also increased the ground clearance on the Trailhawk to 205mm; an increase of 27mm compared to the standard.
Inside, the Compass Trailhawk comes with an all-black cabin finished in soft-touch materials while the seat is wrapped in leather upholstery. There are also red accents all around on the instrument cluster, gear lever and sound system. The seats also get red contrast stitching as well.
We recently drove the Jeep Compass Trailhawk and put it to test both at extreme off-roading conditions and on the tarmac — read our detailed review here.
In terms of mechanicals, the Jeep Compass Trailhawk is the first variant in the SUV lineup to receive a BS-VI compliant diesel engine. The engine is the same 2.0-litre unit producing a similar output of 173bhp and 350Nm of torque. It now comes mated to a new nine-speed AT gearbox.
Jeep has also added a new driving mode to the Trailhawk, called the 'Rock' mode. It also now comes with a standard 4x4 drivetrain as well as a 4x4 low range mode. Other interior features include a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, auto stop/start function, keyless entry, panoramic sunroof, hill-start assist, hill-descent control, hill-hold assist, ABS with EBD, traction control, multiple airbags and roll-over mitigation all as standard.
Thoughts On The Jeep Compass Trailhawk
The Jeep Compass Trailhawk is the most rugged off-roader in the SUV's lineup in the Indian market. The 'Trail-Rated' badging is well earned as the off-roading capabilities are extremely on point. The Trailhawk in terms of price rivals the likes of the larger Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour offerings.