- 12 hrs ago Ratan Tata Invests In Electric Two Wheeler Start Up Tork Motors
- 13 hrs ago New (Upcoming) Kia Cars Launches In India: Two Models Confirmed Including Carnival & New Compact-SUV
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Extreme Off-Road Video: SUV Gets Stuck & Rescued By Jeep Cherokee
- 15 hrs ago Jawa Anniversary Edition Detailed On Official Video: 90 Units Only
- News It's a tie: Jury breaks rules, Margaret Atwood and Bernardine Evarist share Booker prize 2019
- Technology Last Week Top Most Trending Smartphones: Realme X2 Pro, Oppo K5, Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max And More
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Updates Day 1: Bhoomi Shetty Becomes The First Captain Of This Season!
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019, Eliminator 2: Raiders power U Mumba past Haryana Steelers
- Lifestyle Health And Wellness Tips For College Students
- Education Who Is Abhijit Banerjee? 10 Facts About Indian-origin Economist Who Has Won Nobel Prize
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation Rises To 3.99% In September
- Travel Top 10 Indian Cities For Food Lovers
The Indian car market share during the H1 2019 period (April-September) showcases major changes, especially for Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Toyota and Kia Motors. The leading car manufacturer, Maruti Suzuki continued to register a decline in market share in the company, allowing other brands to take advantage.
Maruti Suzuki registered a decline of 2.6% in market share during the April-September 2019 period. The company's market share dropped from 52.8% to 50.2% during the H1 period. This loss has been taken over by Hyundai, which grew by the same amount during the period.
The market share of Hyundai in H1 2019, grew by 2.6% from 15.9% to 18.5%. This growth can be attributed to the success of their recently launched models, the Venue and the Grand i10 NIOS in India.
Third on the list is Mahindra, which has also improved on its total market share in India. During the H1 2019 period, the Indian UV manufacturer registered growth in market share from 6.5% to 7.5%; an increase of 1.0%. Mahindra also registered the lowest drop in sales volume during the same period.
|Rank||Brands||Market Share H1 2019||Market Share H1 2018|
Toyota is another manufacturer, which made significant gains between April-September 2019. The company overtook Tata Motors and Honda to become the fourth biggest market shareholder in the Indian car sector. The company registered a marginal growth of 0.3% in market share from 4.6% to 4.9%, while the two other companies faced a decline.
Both Tata Motors and Honda registered a decline in market share, moving them down to the fifth and sixth position in the list, respectively. Tata Motors now controls just 4.8% market share in the four-wheeler segment while Honda holds 4.6%.
Kia Motors, which recently entered the Indian market in August 2019, has registered a 1.1% gain in market share; placing it among the top-10 car brands in the country. The South Korean carmaker has received an overwhelming response to its first product, the Seltos SUV which currently leads the mid-size SUV segment.
Kia Motors overtakes the likes of Nissan and Skoda in the Indian market. MG Motors is also close behind with 0.5% market share, just missing out the top-10 list. However, with production set to increase sales of the Hector SUV is also expected to improve, which might translate to a growth in market share in the coming months.
Thoughts On The Indian Car Market Share For H1 (April-September) 2019
The Indian car market is currently facing its worst-ever slowdown. Maruti Suzuki, India's leading car manufacturer has been the worst affected by the downward trend in sales, losing out on the market share as well.