- 13 min ago TVS Motor Extends Warranty And Free Service Period A Second Time: Details
- 43 min ago Ducati Multistrada 950 Gets A White Colour Scheme: India Launch Soon
- 1 hr ago Mercedes-Benz S-Class 2021 Models To Feature 12.8-Inch Touchscreen Infotainment System: Details
- 3 hrs ago Volkswagen & Skoda Auto Provides Mobile Clinic Van Providing Medical Services To Villages
- Movies Producer-Actor Rockline Venkatesh Admitted To Bengaluru Hospital
- Technology Airtel Expands Rs. 99, Rs. 129, And Rs. 199 Prepaid Plans To More Cities
- News PM Modi inaugurates Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Power Project in Madhya Pradesh via video conference
- Sports Michael Holding reveals the racism his parents faced
- Finance Mutual Fund Interest Is Slowing And It’s Worrisome
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor’s Statement Dresses Are Perfect For OOTD-worthy Moments
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Kia Seltos sales in India for September 2019 has registered 7,750 units. This is higher than the sales of the SUV in August, when it registered 6,236 units. The Kia Seltos has managed to continue its lead in the mid-size SUV segment for the second month in a row.
The Kia Seltos is currently the best-selling model in the highly competitive mid-size SUV segment in the Indian market. The Seltos rivals the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Tata Harrier, MG Hector and the Jeep Compass.
The Kia Seltos is the first product from the brand in the Indian market. The SUV was launched in India on the 22nd August and is available with a starting price of Rs 9.69 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The Kia Seltos is offered with a host of features and equipment. This includes a host of segment-first features and best-in-class equipment as well, such as ventilated front seats, wireless charging, Smart Air Purifier system, electric sunroof, 8-way adjustable front seats, 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Kia's proprietary UVO Connect system, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, heads-up display, LED headlamps, LED DRLs, LED fog lamps and LED tail lamps; among a host of others.
The Kia Seltos is offered with a choice of three engines options. This includes a 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engine option and a 1.4-litre T-GDI petrol unit. The 1.5-litre petrol produces 115bhp and 144Nm of torque and the 1.5-litre diesel churns out 115bhp and 250Nm of torque. The smaller 1.4-litre turbo-petrol produces 140bhp and 242Nm of torque.
All three engines come mated to a six-speed manual gearbox as standard, along with the choice of three automatic transmission units: CVT, IVT and DCT. All three engines are BS-VI compliant from the start.
Kia Motors has also announced its next product for the Indian market, which is scheduled to be launched in India at the Auto Expo 2020. The next product from the Korean carmaker will be the seven-seater Carnival MPV in the Indian market.
Apart from the new products, Kia will also share its 1.5-litre BS-VI engines soon with the upcoming Hyundai Creta. The new 2020 Hyundai Creta has been confirmed to make its debut in India at the 2020 Auto Expo and is said to go on sale later in March 2020 — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Kia Seltos Sales In India For September 2019
The Kia Seltos was one of the most-awaited SUVs in the Indian market, ever since its global premiere in India back in June 2019. The Seltos has taken the Indian market by storm overtaking the sales of its cousin, the Hyundai Creta within the first 8 days of its launch. The Kia Seltos already demands a high waiting period of 3 to 4 months in the Indian market as well.