- 6 min ago TVS Ntorq 125 BS6 Prices Increase Marginally Across All Variants: Here Are The New Prices
- 11 min ago Ashok Leyland Introduces AVTR Modular Truck Platform Along With BS6 Compliant Engines
- 15 min ago Mahindra XUV300 Diesel Mileage Figures Revealed: Compared With Segment Rivals
- 1 hr ago Renault India Offers Discounts & Benefits On Kwid, Triber & Duster Up To Rs 60,000 In June 2020
- Sports Weightlifter Sanjita Chanu to seek compensation from IWF in unsettled dope case
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja, Pooja Hegde, And Other Divas Give Bridal Goals In Their Beautiful Golden Lehenga
- Movies Aarya Trailer Out Now: Sushmita Sen Returns To Screen As A Fierce Mother
- Technology Reliance Jio To Offer Hotstar+ Disney VIP Subscription For One Year
- News Amidst standoff, China appoints new PLA Army commander for overseeing India border
- Finance Markets End The Day Higher, SBI Surges Post Numbers
- Education Top 10 World Environment Day Quotes For Students
- Travel Scenic Road Trips In The Western Ghats That Every Biker Must Take This Monsoon
South Korean carmaker Hyundai is all set to reveal its new QXi compact SUV at the 2019 New York Auto Show on the 17th of April. Now a report by Autocar India is claiming that the new Hyundai QXi could make its debut in India at the same time it takes its bow in the Big Apple, nearly a month ahead of its launch in May. The publication is claiming that the global and Indian unveil of the Maruti Brezza rivalling QXi compact SUV will happen simultaneously.
The fact that Hyundai could unveil the new QXi before its expected launch in May is not something that should come as a major surprise to Indian fans of the Korean carmaker. Hyundai adopted the same strategy for the return of the Santro to Indian roads.
However, the fact that the QXi will be making its debut in both New York and India at the same time is rather surprising but shows the importance of the new model for Hyundai in the Indian car market. The fact that the QXi was first premiered as the Carlino SUV concept at Auto Expo 2016, could also be one of the reasons why the new compact SUV is set for a simultaneous double debut.
Autocar India states that at this time there is no news whether the new compact SUV rival for the Maruti Brezza will feature different styling for the Indian model. There is also no news about whether it will bear the Styx name, that has been seemingly bestowed on it.
Regarding the design of the QXi, the upcoming compact SUV is expected to featured a boxy shape though with all of Hyundai's latest design callouts including the cascading grille and the split headlamps seen on the larger Kona SUV. The new QXi is expected to feature LED lighting (atleast for the top-spec variant) along with some rather good looking alloy wheels (spied on test vehicles running up and down the length of the country and also on foreing streets).
Under the bonnet, the Maruti Brezza rivalling Hyundai QXi is expected to feature three different engine options. The main petrol and diesel engines will both displace 1.4-litres and are expected to kick out arond 100bhp and 90bhp respectively. The third and final engine option is expected to arrive in the form of a 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine which will be paired with a dual-clutch automatic gearbox. The other engines are expected to be paired to both manual and automatic transmission options.