- 55 min ago Maruti Suzuki Announces New 5 Year/ 1 Lakh Kilometer Warranty On Select Diesel Models
- 6 hrs ago New Isuzu V-Cross Diesel Automatic Launched In India At Rs 19.99 Lakh
- 8 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launching Tomorrow: All You Need To Know
- 9 hrs ago All-New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh
- Sports KPL 2019: Ballari Tuskers cruise to 7-wicket victory over Bijapur Bulls
- Movies Hrithik Roshan And Tiger Shroff’s ‘War’ Will Be An Adrenaline Pumping Visual Extravaganza: Director
- News AAP MLA Sandeep Kumar disqualified
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Is On Tow, Reveals Huami CEO
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor Gives Us A Slay-Worthy Moment With Her Chic Dress For Saaho Promotions
- Education SSC CGL Result 2018 Tier-1 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Finance What Have We Learned About Home Insurance From Recent Floods?
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Hyundai India has started production of their upcoming third-generation Grand i10 model in the market. The new Hyundai Grand i10 Nios is scheduled to go on sale in the Indian market from the 20th of August, with bookings for the hatchback having already begun.
The 2019 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios is the third-generation model from the Korean brand and was globally unveiled recently. The new Grand i10 Nios will be sold alongside the current Grand i10 available in the Indian market. The new car comes with the ‘Nios' suffix, which translates to ‘more' signifying the increased dimensions, cabin space and performance — here are the details.
S S Kim, MD & CEO, Hyundai Motor India Ltd. stated:
"This is a proud moment for us at Hyundai, with over 2.7 million happy customers the i10 brand (i10 and Grand i10) has been one of the most loved hatchbacks in India. And today we are set to create history again with the Global First rollout of third-generation Grand i10 Nios, which will set new benchmarks in the hatchback segment while creating brilliant ownership experience for our customers."
The Hyundai Grand i10 Nios once launched in India will be positioned between the current Grand i10 and the Elite i20 models in the Indian lineup. The car will be available in a range of 10 variants, with petrol and diesel engine options. The trims on the Grand i10 Nios will include the standard Era, Magma, Sportz and Asta.
The engine options on the Nios model will be carried over from the current Grand i10 hatchback. This includes the 1.2-litre Kappa petrol engine producing 81bhp and 114Nm of torque. The 1.2-litre CRDi diesel engine, on the other hand, will churn out 74bhp and 190Nm of torque.
Both engines will come mated either to a five-speed manual gearbox, with both of them also receiving the optional AMT transmission from the recently launched Santro. Also, both the petrol and diesel engine on the Grand i10 Nios will be BS-VI compliant from the time of launch.
Inside, Hyundai is expected to offer the Grand i10 Nios with a host of additional features compared to the current model. This includes a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It will also feature a semi-digital instrument cluster, along with a host of safety equipment as standard across all variants.
The Hyundai Grand i10 Nios once launched will also be available in a range of vibrant colours. This includes Fiery Red, Polar White, Typhoon Silver, Titan Grey, Alpha Blue and Aqua Teal.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Production
The Hyundai Grand i10 Nios is part of the brand's popular ‘i10 brand' in the Indian hatchback segment. The Hyundai Grand i10 Nios once launched in India will be priced at a slight premium compared to the standard Grand i10, while competing against the same set of rivals including the Maruti Suzuki Swift, Ford Figo and the Tata Tiago in the Indian market.