- 9 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 10 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Movies Saif Ali Khan Answers Whether His Son Ibrahim Ali Khan Will Enter Bollywood Soon; Read Up!
- News UK High Court rules in favour of Indian banks, asks Mallya to disclose assets
- Technology How To Get Exclusive Access To ZEE5 Theatre From Vodafone Idea
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Honda Cars India recently launched their tenth-generation Civic sedan in the Indian market. At a time when the D-segment car sales is experiencing slow movement, the new Honda Civic has managed to garner a good demand in the market.
Honda Cars India has confirmed that since the launch of the 2019 Honda Civic 45 days ago, the car has managed to receive bookings for over 2,400 units in India. According to company officials, this is three times the monthly sales of the entire segment.
Honda officials also stated that most of the customers booking the Civic are previous owners, looking for an upgrade. They also announced that the top-spec petrol and diesel trims are receiving the highest demand, with 85 percent of the total bookings coming for the petrol variants.
Honda launched the all-new Civic sedan in the Indian market on the 7th March, with bookings open since 15th February. The new tenth-generation Civic is offered at a starting price of Rs 17.71 lakh while the top-end variant comes priced at Rs 22.29 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The 2019 Honda Civic is offered with both petrol and diesel engines. This includes the 1.8-litre petrol producing 140bhp and 170Nm of torque; the diesel unit comes in the form of a 1.6-litre engine churning out 120bhp and 300Nm of torque. The diesel engine is further mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox while the petrol is mated to a CVT automatic transmission
The new Honda Civic also comes with a number of features and equipment. Some of them include LED headlamps, LED DRLs and LED fog lamps, 17-inch alloy wheels, C-shaped LED tail lights, seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and climate control system; among others. We've driven the all-new Honda Civic — here is our detailed review.
Thoughts On The All-New Honda Civic Bookings
The Honda Civic is a popular name in the Indian market. Honda sold the eighth-generation model in the Indian market, but later discontinued it in 2013. The new Honda Civic carries forward the same name-plate and has been received well in India. The new Honda Civic rivals the likes of the Toyota Corolla Altis, Hyundai Elantra and the segment leader Skoda Octavia in the Indian D-segment market.