- 11 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- News Bank Jobs: Nainital Bank clerk vacancies announced; How to apply for 100 bank clerk jobs
- Technology These Wireless Neckband Headphones In India Have Superior Battery Life
- Movies iSmart Shankar Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 5: Ram Pothineni Starrer Continues To Impress!
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Japanese carmaker Honda has launched the all-new 2019 Civic sedan in India. Prices for the newly launched 2019 Honda Civic for India start at Rs 17.69 lakh ex-showroom (India). The Honda Civic returns to India after a period of six years and will compete with the likes of the Toyota Corolla, Skoda Octavia and the Hyundai Elantra.
|Variant ||Petrol CVT ||Diesel MT |
|V ||Rs 17,69,900 ||N/A |
|VX ||Rs 19,19,900 ||Rs 20,49,900 |
|ZX ||Rs 20,99,900 ||Rs 22,29,900 |
2019 Honda Civic Specifications
The 2019 Honda Civic is offered in India with two different engine options. The first, a 1.8-litre four-cylinder petrol is a heavily reworked version of the engine found in the eighth-gen Civic. The 2019 Honda Civic's petrol engine produces 139bhp at 6,500 rpm and 174Nm of torque at 4,300rpm. The petrol Civic is only offered with a CVT automatic gearbox and returns an ARAI certified mileage of 16.5km/l.
The second engine offering is a 1.6-litre turbocharged diesel (a first for the Civic in India) that cranks outs 118 bhp at 4,000rpm and 300Nm of torque at 2,000rpm. The 1.6-litre turbo diesel engine's sole transmission option is a 6-speed manual gearbox. The 2019 Honda Civic diesel returns a mileage of 26.8km/l (ARAI), which is the best in its class.
The new Honda Civic for India is 4,656mm long, 1,799mm wide, and stands 1,433mm tall. The wheelbase of the 2019 Honda Civic is 2,700mm long. Honda has raised the ride height of the 10th-generation Civic for India by 20mm, so the new sedan has a ground clearance of 171mm. The new 2019 India-spec Civic features a 430-litre boot and a 47-litre fuel tank.
2019 Honda Civic Design & Features
The all-new Civic for India is the facelifted version of the 10th generation Honda sedan and it features a design that will generate attention wherever the new car goes.
Up front, the new 2019 Civic features a large chrome grille with the Honda badge front and centre. The grille extends over the LED headlamps (lower specced versions feature Halogens and LED DRLs) forming what can only be described as eyebrows above the lights. The sculpted front bumpers adds to the pointy look of the front end and play host to the LED fog lamps with their chrome surrounds.
From the sides, the Civic's coupe-like design is evident thanks to the tapering roof that gently curves away into the boot. The pumped up wheel arches play host to a set of snazzy 17-inch alloy wheels (16-inches on lower-spec variants) that are clad in 215/50 R17 tyres from Yokohama.
The rear end of the Civic is dominated by the C-shaped LED tail lights that give the car a rather distinct look. Another eye-catching feature is the raked rear windscreen. The rear bumper is sculpted as well and features a strip of chrome connecting its lower sections together at the centre.
Step inside the CIvic and you'll be greeted by a mostly all-black interior. The seats are the only aberration to the dark theme and are done ivory leather. The large 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system is quite responsive and features both Apple Car Play and Android Auto along with other connectivity options like Bluetooth, USB and AUX. The infotainment system can also control the climate control system and is connected to a 160-watt 8-speaker audio setup.
Honda has packed the Civic with a host of features especially with regards to safety. These features include ABS with EBD, 6 airbags, electronic parking brake, brake assist, automatic brake hold, ISOFIX mounts and Hill Start Assist. The new 2019 Honda Civic also features a rearview camera and rear parking sensors for assistance while parking along with a lane watch camera on the left ORVM, the output for both of which can be viewed on the infotainment display.
The all-new 2019 Honda Civic is offered in the following colour options: Platinum White Pearl, Radiant Red Metallic, Modern Steel Metallic, Lunar Silver Metallic, and Golden Brown Metallic.