- 10 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Variant Details Revealed: Launch Expected Soon
- 11 hrs ago Honda Cars India Introduce Virtual Showrooms: New Car Purchase From Comfort of Home
- 11 hrs ago Tata Tiago Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 14 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Spotted Testing In Delhi Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Technology Best 9 Hours Battery Backup Laptops To Buy In India Under Rs. 40,000
- Movies NCB Summons TV Couple Sanam Johar & Abigail Pande; Raids Their Juhu Residence
- Sports IPL 2020: KKR vs MI: Six months is a long time without cricket, says Rohit Sharma after Mumbai bounce back with big win
- News 'Hero of zero hour': Union Minister' praise for Lok Sabha Speaker
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Janhvi Kapoor Unveils The Elegant Veil Look In Manish Malhotra’s Couture Movie
- Finance 3 Tips To Earn Higher Interest On Fixed Deposits
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Winter In India In 2020
- Education SWAYAM Admit Card 2020 Released For September 2020
Ahead of Citroen's first car being launched in India, Groupe PSA has set up a technical training centre in India. Groupe PSA is the parent company of Citroen and it wants to ensure the success of the brand in India.
Hence, the institute named India Technical Centre (ITC) has been set up near Chennai to train Citroen employees. Citroen is a French automobile manufacturer that has now been making cars since 1919. It has always been a pioneer in the automotive industry.
Citroen pioneered the mass-production of front-wheel-drive, which is what most cars use to this day. It was also the first to mass-produce modern brakes and a monocoque chassis among others.
Citroen then doesn't take things lightly when it comes to the production of cars. Parent company Groupe PSA too doesn't take manufacturing of cars very lightly. Earlier this year, Citroen showcased the C5 Aircross SUV and confirmed the brand's launch in India.
The Citroen C5 Aircross is expected to be launched in 2020 and deliveries are expected to begin early in 2021. The Citroen C5 Aircross will be produced at the CK Birla Group's plant in Tamil Nadu.
Citroen will also be taking time to set up their infrastructure in India which includes dealerships, service centres, spare parts stocks, R&D department, etc. Groupe PSA and Citroen is aware that a well-equipped training centre to train its employees across all sectors is very much necessary to thrive in a new market.
Hence, the company has set up the India Training Centre at Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The new training centre has been set up under the aegis of PCA Motors India Pvt Ltd. which is Groupe PSA's Indian subsidiary.
The ITC will train Groupe PSA employees in the departments of R&D, Programs and Projects, Global Purchasing, Supply Chain, Process & Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, etc. Citroen recently revealed plans to have only electric or hybrid cars in its portfolio by 2025.
However, Citroen will start its Indian innings with petrol and diesel-powered cars. The Citroen C5 Aircross will be launched with petrol and diesel engines. Specifications of the engines are unclear at the moment.
In International markets, the SUV is powered by two diesel engines and one petrol engine. The 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines produce 128bhp while the 2.0-litre diesel produces 178bhp. Manual and automatic gearboxes are available with all three engines.
Thoughts On Groupe PSA Setting Up Technical Centre To Train Citroen Employees In India
Groupe PSA and Citroen have very well understood that, to be successful in the Indian market, it needs to have a strong and well-trained workforce. The India Training Centre has been set up for this very purpose. It will strengthen Citroen's market position in India, especially when it comes to after-sales service and R&D for future models.