- 44 min ago Tamil Nadu Announced A New EV Policy: Aims At Becoming EV Hub Of India
- 55 min ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR-Based XL5 Premium Hatchback Spotted Testing
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Car Sales India August 2019: Bolero Becomes Brand’s Top-Seller Yet Again
- 2 hrs ago Renault Triber First Drive Review — The Budget Friendly MPV
- News JNU case: Court asks Delhi govt to decide within a month on sanction to prosecute Kanhaiya
- Movies Bigil Audio Launch: What Will Vijay's Speech Be About? Fans Are Waiting!
- Lifestyle Lip Stain: What is It And How To Use It
- Education What Is CBSE Private Candidate? Know About Eligibility, Form, Admit Card And Result
- Sports Osaka battles into quarters as Kerber rediscovers winning habit
- Technology Dead Russian Satellite Debris Might Be Huge Threat To Genesis II Spacecraft
- Finance Airtel Payments Bank Launches "Bharosa" Savings Account
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
French carmaker Citroen today announced its entry into the Indian car market today. Citroen showcased its C5 Aircross SUV at the event today in Chennai, which saw them announce their plans for the Indian market.
Citroen, is part of the French automotive conglomerate Groupe PSA which bought the Ambassador brand from the CK Birla group, the owners of Hindustan Motors, in 2017. Citroen has stated that it will enter India in 2020 with the C5 Aircross SUV. The French carmaker has promised to launch a new car in India every year from 2021 and will currently concentrate its efforts on regular petrol and diesel cars.
The new vehicles launched from 2021 will be manufactured at the CK Birla Group's plant in Tamil Nadu as part of the agreement signed by the Indian company with Group PSA. Citroen claims that the new vehicles made at the factory will be launched in India before the rest of the world, which does lead us to speculate that these vehicles could end up using the Ambassador name. Citroen has stated that the new program will be launched under the name C Cubed which stands for Cool (innovative design), Comfort (ergonomics and connectivity) and Clever (an international brand producing heavily localised cars for a specific market).
Speaking at the event, Citroen CEO Linda Jackson said, "We are celebrating Citroen's Centenary, 100 years of a brand which has constantly looked to the future of the automotive industry, by offering innovative solutions in line with the needs of each era. Globally, Citroen's success is based on unique design, and benchmark comfort. The India automotive market is very dynamic with a high potential. We believe we have the right positioning to meet the expectations of the Indian customers. last confident that the new Citroen C5 Aircross SUV will set a benchmark in style, comfort and innovation in its segment in India."
The Citroen C5 Aircross, the first vehicle from the French marque for India is quite a large SUV. The C5 Aircross measures in at 4,500mm long, 1,840mm wide, and 1,670mm tall. The wheelbase of the large SUV measures in at 2,730mm. The ground clearance of the SUV is a very high 230mm, which should be perfect for India.
The Citroen C5 Aircross is offered with two diesel engines and a single petrol powerplant option in international markets. Both the single petrol and the smaller diesel are 128bhp turbocharged engines that displace 1.5-litres, while the larger 2.0-litre turbo diesel cranks out 177.5bhp. Gearbox options include a 6-speed manual and an 8-speed automatic.