- 51 min ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Recalled To Replace Faulty Brake Component — Is Your Motorcycle Involved?
- 52 min ago New (2019) Hyundai Grand i10 India-Launch On 20th August — Even Ahead Of Its Global Public Debut
- 1 hr ago Napino Signs MOU With Farasis Energy Inc. — Will Manufacture Battery Packs For EVs In India
- 3 hrs ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- News Retained it because it was lucky: Kumaraswamy on why he stayed on at Taj West End
- Sports Virat Kohli retains top spot in ICC Test Rankings; Ashwin, Jadeja remain in top 10 for bowlers
- Technology Track Every Step You Take With Under Armour’s High-Performance Smart Running Shoes
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 3 Contestants Salary: Who Takes Home The Maximum Pay?
- Lifestyle L-carnitine: Its Benefits, Sources And Side Effects
- Education Chandrayaan 2: Free Online Courses In Aerospace Engineering Offered By HRD Ministry's Swayam Portal
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
The Titanium+ AT variant of the Ford EcoSport has lost out on the SYNC3 infotainment. It was just last month that we reported on Ford making changes to the features across all variants of the EcoSport. It seems like Ford is not done with making those changes.
The Ford EcoSport was one of the first compact SUVs to be launched in the Indian market. Back when it was launched, it came with best-in-class features and no other compact SUV could come close to it in terms of the dynamics and build quality.
However, as time went by, more manufacturers entered the segment and competition grew no end. In recent times, the Ford EcoSport has been overtaken by the recently launched Mahindra XUV300 and the new Hyundai Venue.
One of the reasons for this to happen is that the competition is priced at a lower point while offering similar or better features. Ford recognised that and reworked the features being offered with the EcoSport to reduce the price it is being sold at.
When Ford reworked the features being offered in the EcoSport and shuffled the variants line-up last month, one of the main features to go missing from the Titanium+ variant was the SYNC3 system. SYNC3 is Ford's connected infotainment system that comes with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
It was replaced by a more basic 9.0-inch FlyAudio infotainment unit. At the time, Ford had claimed that only the manual transmission-driven Titanium+ variant had lost the SYNC3 system. Now though, according to a report by Team-BHP, even the Titanium+ variant driven by an automatic transmission loses the feature. Hence, it no longer comes with Android Auto or Apple Carplay.
Ford then launched the Thunder variant with updated styling, but even this variant does not come with the SYNC3 system. As of now, only the 1.5L Diesel S MT and the 1.0L Petrol S MT variants feature the SYNC3 system with voice recognition.
Thoughts On Ford EcoSport Titanium+ AT Loses Out On SYNC3 & Voice Recognition Feature
Despite its age, the Ford EcoSport still is a formidable SUV in its segment. However, there is no hiding from the fact that the competition being sold at a lower price point is affecting the EcoSport's sales. Ford is trying its best to lower prices and boost sales of the EcoSport. However, it doesn't seem to be happening the way Ford wants it to. Not yet at least.