- 24 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- Movies Ayushmann Khurrana Says He’s Made A Career Out Of Playing Roles Which Most Would Not Choose
- News 6-10 Pak soldiers,'far more' terrorists killed in counter-fire: Army chief
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Rohit Sharma breaks Don Bradman's 71-year-old record; Umesh Yadav scores fastest Test 30
- Technology How To Pin Live Score On Android Homescreen
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
The Titanium+ AT variant of the Ford EcoSport has lost out on the SYNC3 infotainment. It was just last month that we reported on Ford making changes to the features across all variants of the EcoSport. It seems like Ford is not done with making those changes.
The Ford EcoSport was one of the first compact SUVs to be launched in the Indian market. Back when it was launched, it came with best-in-class features and no other compact SUV could come close to it in terms of the dynamics and build quality.
However, as time went by, more manufacturers entered the segment and competition grew no end. In recent times, the Ford EcoSport has been overtaken by the recently launched Mahindra XUV300 and the new Hyundai Venue.
One of the reasons for this to happen is that the competition is priced at a lower point while offering similar or better features. Ford recognised that and reworked the features being offered with the EcoSport to reduce the price it is being sold at.
When Ford reworked the features being offered in the EcoSport and shuffled the variants line-up last month, one of the main features to go missing from the Titanium+ variant was the SYNC3 system. SYNC3 is Ford's connected infotainment system that comes with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
It was replaced by a more basic 9.0-inch FlyAudio infotainment unit. At the time, Ford had claimed that only the manual transmission-driven Titanium+ variant had lost the SYNC3 system. Now though, according to a report by Team-BHP, even the Titanium+ variant driven by an automatic transmission loses the feature. Hence, it no longer comes with Android Auto or Apple Carplay.
Ford then launched the Thunder variant with updated styling, but even this variant does not come with the SYNC3 system. As of now, only the 1.5L Diesel S MT and the 1.0L Petrol S MT variants feature the SYNC3 system with voice recognition.
Thoughts On Ford EcoSport Titanium+ AT Loses Out On SYNC3 & Voice Recognition Feature
Despite its age, the Ford EcoSport still is a formidable SUV in its segment. However, there is no hiding from the fact that the competition being sold at a lower price point is affecting the EcoSport's sales. Ford is trying its best to lower prices and boost sales of the EcoSport. However, it doesn't seem to be happening the way Ford wants it to. Not yet at least.