- 10 min ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For June 2019 — Honda Activa Continues To Remain Unbeatable
- 12 min ago Rs 9 Lakh For A Scooter? Honda Forza 300 Premium Maxi-Scooter To Be Launched In India
- 2 hrs ago Hyundai Organizes Mega Experience Service Camp In India — Existing Customers Get Educated
- 3 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India For June 2019 — Hero Splendor Retains Top-Slot Yet Again!
- Technology Apple Might Acquire Intel's 5G Modem Business As Early As Next Week
- Sports World Cup final best and worst day of my cricketing career: Guptill
- News Centre has rejects proposal to grant statehood to Puducherry
- Movies Vidya Balan To Act & Produce Short Film 'Natkhat'
- Lifestyle India Couture Week 2019: Amit Aggarwal Fascinates Us With His Unique Bridal Outfits
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
Mahindra has showcased the Marazzo MPV and Roxor UV at 2019 Detroit Auto Show. Though the Mahindra Roxor was introduced in the US market a few months back, this is the first time the Marazzo has made its way to the USA. However, will the Mahindra Marazzo work out in the MPV-obsessed American market? Here's everything you need to know!
Motor1 claims that "the Mahindra Marazzo might be the best car at Detroit". This suggests that that the MPV-obsessed US market seems to have loved the rather quirky-looking Mahindra Marazzo.
However, the Americans were let down by Mahindra. The Indian company shared no plans to sell the Marazzo in the USA. They do have the interesting little Roxor UV (Utility Vehicle) to sell, but Mahindra is currently dealing with some legal disputes with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), regarding the Roxor's design.
The Mahindra Roxor shares its platform with the Thar (new model coming out soon) and was introduced in US soil, strictly as an off-roader. The minimal styling, high ground clearance and abuse-friendly suspension help a lot in making it a budget vehicle to have fun over challenging terrains. The 2.5-litre diesel engine makes 61bhp and 195Nm. Power is sent to all four wheels by a five-speed manual.
The reason why the brand showcased the Marazzo in the US (even though there are no plans to launch it) is that the MPV was designed and developed at Mahindra North American Technical Centre (MNATC) in Detroit itself. This is the same place where the Mahindra Roxor was made.
The body-on-frame Mahindra Marazzo is powered by a 1.5-litre diesel engine which makes 121bhp and 320Nm of torque. The power plant is mated to a six-speed manual transmission. In India, the Marazzo is a good alternative to the segment-leading Toyota Innova Crysta and the smaller Maruti Suzuki Ertiga. Ex-showroom (Delhi) prices of the Mahindra Marazzo ranges from Rs 10 – 14 lakh.
Thoughts On The Mahindra Marazzo Debuting In The USA
The Mahindra Marazzo seems to be a fitting choice for the US market, due to the good value for money it offers. If we do a direct conversion of pricing, the Marazzo would cost only around 14,000 US dollars — quite a bargain, to be honest. If demand does persist in the coming months, Mahindra might consider selling the Marazzo in the US, but it is too early to comment on that now.
Image Source:Chrisamos Photography