TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Indian automaker Mahindra has unveiled its new off-road SUV, the Roxor in the United States. The Roxor is an off-roader and not a road-legal vehicle. The Mahindra Roxor will be soon retailed at a starting price of $ 15,000 or approximately Rs 10 lakh in the US market.
The Roxor SUV will be manufactured at Mahindra's Auburn Hills manufacturing plant near Detroit, Michigan. The Roxor will be sold under Mahindra North America or MANA in the US market. The Mahindra Roxor is based on the Thar SUV but features a host of changes.
The Mahindra Roxor features a new front end which is completely different from the Thar. The Roxor is a vehicle with minimalistic body panels and does not get doors and a hard top. Mahindra will target the Roxor in the side-by-side off-road vehicle segment in the US.
The interior of the Roxor is also minimalistic with a steel dashboard as opposed to the plastic dashboard of the Thar. The off-road SUV gets single gauge instrument cluster, and the centre console gets cup holders. The Roxor gets two seats at the front with a grab handle for the passenger.
The Mahindra Roxor draws power from a 2.5-litre four-cylinder, turbocharged diesel engine producing 62bhp. The engine is mated to a manual gearbox along with a conventional manual four-wheel-drive shifter.
The Roxor will be offered with several accessories such as off-road wheels, heavy-duty winches, light bars and much more. It is also a highly customisable vehicle with a whopping 900 colour and wraps options. The Roxor will also get a range of customised seats to attract the buyers.
Talking about the manufacturing of Roxor, the off-road SUV will be a CKD (Completely Knocked Down) product in the US. The kits will be exported from India. The Mahindra Roxor will be sold through the company's powersport dealerships in the US market.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Mahindra Roxor
The Mahindra Roxor is an off-road SUV built for the US market. The Roxor is based on the Thar but gets a complete overhaul to make it a hardcore off-road vehicle. And with a bunch of accessories and a ton of customising options, it will be an attractive package for an off-road enthusiast. The Roxor is unlikely to come to India as it is not a road-legal vehicle.