- 1 hr ago Renault Winter Service Camp Announced In India: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Porsche Taycan Creates New Drifting World Record: Longest Drift In An Electric Vehicle
- 16 hrs ago Best-Selling Three-Wheelers In India Between April-Oct 2020: Bajaj RE Comes Out On Top!
- 17 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Service Expands To New Cities: Here Are All Details
- Sports Greg Barclay's vision for ICC: Delivering world events, tapping USA market, women's cricket
- Movies Amitabh Bachchan Is All Smiles As He Shoots With Wife Jaya & Daughter Shweta; Says 'Family At Work'
- News Cyclone Nivar: Rain alert in Bengaluru for a week
- Finance How Good Is An Option Of Converting Credit Card Payments Into EMIs? Know All About It
- Education MHT CET Law Result 2020: Check Result Link And Other Details
- Technology Poco M3 Announced: Top Features Of Latest Budget Smartphone Detailed
- Lifestyle What Is Pandemic Fatigue? Know More About How To Deal With This Mental Issue
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Datsun India has hiked the prices of the GO and GO+ models in the Indian market. The Datsun GO and GO+ models have received a hike of 5% in India, effective from 1st October 2019.
The price hike on the two models has increased the prices of the two models by up to Rs 30,000; depending on the car and its variant. The Datsun GO is now priced in the range of Rs 3.35 lakh to Rs 5.20 lakh. The Datsun GO+ comes with a new price range between Rs 3.86 lakh to Rs 5.94 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Rakesh Srivastava, MD, Nissan Motor India Pvt LTD., stated:
"With safety at heart, Datsun is committed to offering accessible and value-for-money products powered by Japanese engineering. Owing to increase in multiple costs, we are making a planned price increase to our Datsun GO and GO+ models."
The company stated that the price hike is due to the increasing input costs of the two models. To offset the price hike, both models will get additional safety features including seat-belt reminders as standard as well. The higher-spec variants of the Datsun GO and GO+ will also feature a first-in-segment vehicle dynamic control as well.
Datsun is currently working on introducing a CVT gearbox on the two models in the Indian market. Both the Datsun GO and GO+ are currently powered by a single 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol engine.
This produces 68bhp and 90Nm of torque and comes mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. The CVT automatic transmission will soon go on sale on the top-spec variants of both models in the Indian market.
The Datsun GO and GO+ positioned in the entry level hatchback and MPV segment in the Indian market. The two models bring in decent volume sales for the brand in the market. THe Datsun GO rivals the likes of the Ford Figo, Maruti Suzuki Swift and the Tata Tiago. The Datsun GO+, however, rivals the likes of the recently launched Renault Triber and the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga.
Thoughts On The Datsun GO And GO+ Price Hike
The Datsun GO hatchback and GO+ MPV come packed with a host of features and equipment. Both models received a major update both in terms of design and structural improvements in India last year. Since then, the Datsun GO and GO+ has been performing decently well in the market, bringing in consistent sales volume month-on-month.