- 10 hrs ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 10 hrs ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 12 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 13 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- News Always alert: How Indian Army was set to hit Pakistan
- Technology Most Trending Samsung Smartphones – Galaxy Note10, Galaxy A50, Galaxy A90 And More
- Sports Vinay Kumar bids adieu to Karnataka; joins Puducherry
- Movies RIP Khayyam: Lata Mangeshkar, Javed Akhtar, PM Modi Tweet Condolence Messages
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Citroen C5 Aircross Crash Test Results: Euro NCAP (New Car Assessment Programme) has revealed the crash testing results for the India-bound Citroen C5 Aircross SUV. The upcoming C5 Aircross has scored an impressive four-star rating in the Euro NCAP safety tests.
In the test results, the Citroen C5 Aircross scored a total of 33.4 points for adult occupant safety and 42.6 points for child occupant safety. The Citroen C5 Aircross is the latest model in the French carmaker's lineup and is also the first product to enter the Indian market from Groupe PSA.
The Euro NCAP tested the Citroen C5 Aircross in a varied test conditions. This included frontal impact, side impact, offset frontal impact and pole test. The Euro NCAP also tested the Citroen C5 Aircross for pedestrian protection and also the safety features available on the SUV.
The Citroen C5 Aircross is equipped with a number of safety features as standard. These include dual front airbags, side airbags, seatbelt pretensioners, load limiters, seatbelt warning, forward-looking camera, ISOFIX child seat-mounts and driver assist functions.
Citroen also offers a 'Safety+' pack which further adds equipments such as Auto Emergency Braking (AEB), AEB Inter-Urban, AEB Pedestrian and cyclist detection as well. The addition of the safety pack, further improves the overall rating of the C5 Aircross SUV to five-stars.
The Citroen C5 Aircross will be launched in the Indian market sometime next year. The Indian-spec version of the SUV was showcased at a media event in Chennai recently. At the event, Groupe PSA also announced their plans for the Indian market — here are Groupe PSA's India plans.
In the international market, the Citroen C5 Aircross is available in two diesel and one petrol engine option. This includes a 2.0-litre diesel and 1.5-litre diesel and petrol units. Both the 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines are turbocharged and produce 128bhp. The larger 2.0-litre diesel, on the other hand, churns out 178bhp. The three engines are mated to either a six-speed manual or an eight-speed automatic transmission unit.
Thoughts On The Citroen C5 Aircross Euro NCAP Crash Test Results
The Citroen C5 Aircross is said to be manufactured in India at its Chennai facility. Citroen will make use of heavy localised components to price the SUV competitively in the Indian market. Although, the crash test norms is of the Euro-spec model, we can expect the Indian-spec SUV to fare similarly as well.