- 2 hrs ago TVS Apache RTR 200 4V BS-VI First Ride Review: Cleaner, Greener & Still A Thriller
- 2 days ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 2 days ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 4 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Sports Ranji Trophy: Prithvi Shaw slams 200 as Mumbai in total command against Baroda
- Lifestyle What Does Your Headache Reveal About Your Overall Health?
- Movies Rani Mukerji Says Her Character From Mardaani 2 Wouldn’t Fit In Rohit Shetty’s Cop Universe
- News Citizenship bill will benefit 1.5 cr people; 50pc are SC, STs: RSS
- Technology ISRO Successfully Launches Risat Surveillance, Nine Commercial Satellites In 21 Minutes
- Finance Facebook, Google No Longer In The List Of Top 10 Workplaces
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
The Indian car sales report for the month of July 2019 has been released. The sales report showcases the continuing downward slope in sales from all manufacturers in the Indian market. This is the ninth consecutive month of sales decline recorded in the country, with no signs of improvement in the coming months as well.
All car manufacturers have been recording a decline in sales; with Maruti Suzuki being the worst hit. Here are the top-10 car brands in the Indian market and their sales performance in the month of July 2019:
|Rank||Brands||July 2019||July 2018||Growth %|
As seen from the table above, Maruti Suzuki are the worst hit, recording a decline of 36 per cent in the Indian market. The company sold just 96,487 units in the previous month compared to 1,52,472 units in July 2018.
The company is currently working on introducing two new products in the market. The first being the new ‘XL6' - a premium six-seater MPV based on the Ertiga; the second being the ‘S-Presso', a new entry-level offering based on the ‘Future-S' concept showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo.
The Maruti Suzuki XL6 will launch in India on the 21st August, while the S-Presso will go on sale later in September this year.
Maruti Suzuki hopes that these two new models, along with the upcoming festive season will help them regain the sales volume in the country in the coming months.
The second in the list is the Korean car maker, Hyundai. The brand has recorded a decline of 10 per cent sales in the month of July 2019.
However, its latest offering, the Venue has managed to perform extremely well in the Indian market. The Hyundai Venue is now the best-selling model from the Korean brand in India, overtaking both the Creta and the Elite i20 — here are the details.
Mahindra occupies the third spot on the list, ahead of Tata Motors. The company recorded a decline of 11 per cent in the Indian market. Mahindra did however, record a decent improvement in market shares owing to the success of its compact-SUV, the XUV300 in the Indian market.
4th, 5th and 6th on the list are Tata Motors, Toyota and Honda Cars India. All three manufacturers recorded a similar sales volume in the Indian market, hovering around the 10,000 units mark.
However, among the three, Honda was the worst hit, recorded a decline of 49 per cent in terms of Y-o-Y growth. One of the main reasons for the drastic decline for Honda is the Amaze, which failed to perform in the month of July 2019.
The bottom lot completing the top-10 list comprised of Ford, Renault, Volkswagen and MG Motors in order. MG Motors overtook sales of the Jeep Compass, to enter the top-10 list for the first time with its Hector SUV.
Thoughts On The Indian Car Sales Report For July 2019
The automotive industry in the country has been witnessing its worst-ever decline. Every manufacturer in the country has failed to record any growth in the market, with the conditions said to continue in the coming months as well. Car makers are, however, expecting the upcoming festive season to hopefully turn things around in the country.