- 6 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- 9 hrs ago New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo-Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.68 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago Hyundai i20 2020 Models Interiors Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Details And Expected Features
- 11 hrs ago New Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan Bookings Open In India: Launch Expected In The Coming Months
- Movies Shruti Haasan Slams Bodyshamers; Says She's Had Plastic Surgery And Isn’t Ashamed To Admit It
- Technology HTC Wildfire R70 With Triple Rear Cameras Launched In India
- Sports Tokyo Olympics-bound Indian athletes attend workshop to learn Japanese cultural sensitivity
- News Government scraps Jammu and Kashmir Bank recruitment process
- Lifestyle Anushka Sharma's Sequinned White Dress Is What We Want To Update Our Wardrobe With
- Finance Axis Bank Appoints New CFO
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
The 2020 Mahindra Thar is scheduled to make it's debut at the Auto Expo 2020. The all new SUV has been spied on numerous occasions, and has been seen in many avatars — most recently, a hardtop version.
The spy pics from Gaadiwaadi offer a lot of visuals of the fully camouflaged test vehicle. We can tell from the spy pics that the all new 2020 Mahindra Thar will offer a hardtop version, and that it will be bigger than the outgoing models.
The 2020 Thar looks rather modern and will feature a new, larger body shell while still maintaining the classic ‘jeep' look. We can tell that the front end will feature a sleeker grille, and a new set of round headlamps.
The all new Mahindra Thar is based on the third-generation chassis that is also featured on the TUV300 and the Scorpio. The interiors will feature an upmarket dashboard, and a large touchscreen infotainment system.
The 2020 Thar will feature the same steering wheel that is on the TUV300. Mahindra says that standard safety features will include ABS with EBD, dual front airbags, a front seat belt reminder, a high-speed alert alarm, and rear parking sensors.
The 2020 Mahindra Thar will feature an all new 2.0-litre diesel engine that will be BS-VI compliant. While performance figures are still to be disclosed, we expect that the engine will produce about 140bhp of power. Mahindra also says that the new model will be fitted with a 4WD system that will feature a low range selector.
The Mahindra Thar is currently available in five variants. The entry level Thar DI 2W BS-IV features a 2523cc turbocharged diesel engine that produces 63bhp of power and 182.5Nm of torque. This engine comes mated to a five-speed manual transmission.
The Thar DI 4W BS-IV also features the 2523cc turbocharged engine but it tuned to produce 63bhp of power and 195Nm of torque. Again, a five-speed manual transmission is featured on the SUV.
The Thar CRDe 4X4 AC, the Thar CRDe 4X4 ABS, and the Thar 700 Special Edition feature a 2498cc turbocharged engine that produces 105bhp of power and 247Nm of torque. This engine is mated to a five-speed manual transmission.
Prices for the current-generation Mahindra Thar range between Rs 6.72 lakh and Rs 9.99 lakh. We expect that the 2020 Mahindra Thar should be priced between Rs 7.5 lakh and Rs 11.5 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom, India.
Thoughts About The 2020 Mahindra Thar Hardtop Spied On While Testing
We think the vehicle looks more like the Jeep Wrangler than Mahindra manufactured. Either way, a step in the right direction. Mahindra is an iconic, home-based brand and we're really happy to see them progress from SUV to SUV. Can't wait to test this machine out. We're sure the new 2020 Thar will take adventure to a different level. And the hardtop — yes please!