- 8 min ago Renault Kwid Electric Spied Testing In India — A Possible Launch In The Future?
- 52 min ago Yamaha YZF R3 Records Zero Sales In May 2019 — Need To Rethink Pricing?
- 59 min ago New Hyundai Xcent Compact-Sedan Spied Testing — India-Launch Scheduled For 2020
- 1 hr ago Mahindra XUV500 BS-VI Seen Testing — Expected Launch Early 2020
- Sports World Cup head-to-head: West Indies have beaten Sri Lanka four times
- Technology Honor 9X Renders Leak: Kirin 810 SoC, Triple Rear Cameras And More
- Movies Maharshi AP/TS Box Office Collections 47 Days: Mahesh Babu's Movie Set To Beat Baahubali
- News Video shows bizarre Ewok-like creatures near cave of Krabi coast
- Finance LIC Sells 2% Stake In Axis Bank And BHEL Each
- Lifestyle Eat These Vitamin D-rich Foods For Improved Immunity & Bone Health
- Education Looking For Career In Management? Explore Why BBA MBA Integrated Course Is Best After Class 12
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Toyota has launched the Yaris sedan in the Indian market with a starting price of Rs 8.75 lakh. Now, CarandBike reports that Toyota has no plans to launch the Yaris hatchback in the country. The Toyota Yaris hatchback is sold in several foreign markets and comes loaded with premium features.
The Toyota Yaris hatchback sold in the Asian markets such as Thailand is priced in the range of Rs 10 lakh to Rs 13 lakh. The Thai-spec Yaris hatchback draws power from a 1.2-litre four-cylinder, petrol engine producing 87bhp and 108N of torque. The engine is mated to a CVT gearbox as standard.
The Toyota Yaris hatchback borrows its design cues from the Yaris sedan. The front fascia of the Yaris hatchback features a large black grille with LED daytime running lights and projector headlamps. The front end is identical to the Yaris sedan with the similar front bumper and fog lamp housing.
The side profile of the Toyota Yaris hatchback features character lines and blacked out pillars with a floating roof design. The rear end of the Yaris hatchback sports LED tail light cluster and a roof-mounted spoiler. Overall, the Yaris hatchback looks sportier than its sedan counterpart.
The Toyota Yaris hatchback comes loaded with features such as an automatic climate control, engine start/stop button, smart key with keyless entry and audio system with Bluetooth connectivity. The cabin features an all-black theme with silver accents on the dashboard and waterfall design centre console.
The Yaris hatchback is equipped with safety features such as seven airbags, ABS, EBD, brake assist, stability control, traction control, hill-start assist, tyre pressure monitoring system and rear defogger. All the safety features are offered as standard across the variants.
With all the premium features, the Toyota Yaris hatchback will be an expensive affair for the Japanese automaker. If launched in India, the Yaris might be priced around Rs 10 lakh to Rs 12 lakh. But the hatchback in the same segment such as Swift and Grand i10 is retailed for half of that price. So, Toyota has decided not to bring the Yaris hatchback to India.
Thoughts On The Toyota Yaris Hatchback
The Toyota Yaris hatchback is an interesting product for the Indian market but with the high pricing, it might not be feasible for the company. The overall design of the hatchback is similar to the Yaris sedan. With the premium features, the Yaris hatchback is a fully loaded car. But unfortunately, Toyota will not launch the Yaris hatchback in India.