- 5 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India For April 2019 — Hero MotoCorp Receives Stiff Competition From Honda
- 6 hrs ago Ducati Reveals Super Soco CUx Electric Scooter — A Piece Of MotoGP
- 6 hrs ago Royal Enfield 650 Twins Sales Figures Cross 2000 Units A Month
- 6 hrs ago Triumph To Manufacture Electric Motorcycles — Announces Project Triumph TE-1
- News Weather forecast today: Heavy downpour likely in Kerala as Southwest monsoon advances
- Technology Jabra launched Elite 85h headphones in India: Price, specification & more
- Sports England have no margin for error at World Cup, warns Stokes
- Lifestyle 10 Effective Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure Hypotension
- Movies Harshad Chopda & Jennifer Winget Reveal Their Relationship Status & What they Hate About Each Other!
- Education TS Inter Re-verification Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On May 27
- Finance Air India To Add Flights To Domestic And International Routes In June
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Toyota Yaris Launched in India: Toyota has launched the Yaris sedan in the country with a starting price of Rs 8.75 lakh ex-showroom (India). Toyota had revealed the prices of the Yaris in April when the bookings for the sedan commenced across the dealerships in India.
The deliveries of the Toyota Yaris will begin from today across all the dealerships in the country. Toyota expects to deliver over 1,000 units of the C-segment sedan on the first day.
Toyota Yaris Variants And Price
The Toyota Yaris is available in four trim levels: J, G, V and VX. All the trims are available with a manual and CVT gearbox. The base variant of the Toyota Yaris is priced at Rs 8.75 lakh and goes up to Rs 14.07 lakh for the top-spec model. All prices are ex-showroom (India). Below is the detailed pricing of the Toyota Yaris.
|J||₹ 8,75,000||₹ 9,95,000|
|G||₹ 10,56,000||₹ 11,76,000|
|V||₹ 11,70,000||₹ 12,90,000|
|VX||₹ 12,85,000||₹ 14,07,000|
*Note: All prices are ex-showroom (India)
Toyota Yaris Engine And Specifications
The Toyota Yaris draws power from a 1.5-litre Dual VVT-i petrol engine producing 108bhp and 140Nm of torque. The engine is paired to a 6-speed manual or 7-step CVT (Continuous Variable Transmission) gearbox. The CVT gearbox is available across all the variants.
Toyota Yaris Mileage
The Toyota Yaris returns a claimed mileage of 17.1kpl on the manual variant and 17.8kpl on the CVT model.
Toyota Yaris Design, Interior And Features
The front fascia of the Toyota Yaris features a large grille on the bumper, sleek headlamp design with integrated LED daytime running lights, chrome slat on either side of the logo and curvy fog lamp housing on either side of the bumper.
The side profile of the Yaris features 15-inch six-spoke alloy wheels, character lines and large wheel wells. The rear end of the sedan sports sleek semi-LED tail light cluster and bumper with integrated reflectors on either side. You can also read our review of the Toyota Yaris to know more about the sedan.
The Toyota Yaris will be offered in six colour options: Wildfire Red, Phantom Brown, Grey Metallic, Super White, Pearl White and Silver Metallic.
The interior of the Toyota Yaris features a dual-tone theme with black and beige colours for the dashboard. The interior also gets silver accents on the dashboard and Waterfall design centre console.
The interior of the Toyota Yaris is equipped with a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with gesture control and navigation, 4.2-inch MID, steering-mounted controls, and paddle shifters for the CVT model.
Other prominent features of the Yaris include engine start/stop button, power driver seat, roof-mounted AC vents, ambient lighting, projector headlamps, cruise control, leather seat upholstery, rear armrest with cup holders, keyless entry, rain sensing wipers, shark fin antenna and 60:40 split rear seats.
The Toyota Yaris comes loaded with a host of safety features which include seven airbags, ABS, EBD and brake assist standard across all the variants.
The top-spec model also gets other safety features such as hill-start assist, vehicle stability control, tyre pressure monitoring system, rear and front parking sensors, rear camera and central locking.
Thoughts On The Toyota Yaris
The Yaris is the first C-segment sedan from the stable of Toyota in the Indian market. The Toyota Yaris is one of the most feature-rich sedans in its segment with several first-in-segment features. The Yaris also becomes the first car to offer CVT gearbox under Rs 10 lakh.
Toyota has also raised the bar for safety as the Yaris comes with seven airbags as standard. The Toyota Yaris will lock horns with the likes of Honda City, Hyundai Verna and Maruti Ciaz.