- 6 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 7 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 8 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 8 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- News Karnataka Crisis: SC to take up rebel MLAs' plea, BJP keeps close watch
- Movies Bigg Boss 3 Tamil Week 4 Eviction List: 5 Contestants To Feel The Heat This Time!
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
2018 is almost at its end. It proved to be quite eventful for the automotive industry, with the Auto Expo kickstarting the year in February. The year saw a number of new car launches and facelift models introduced. This included cars from every segment, right from the entry-level hatchback to the high-end luxury and supercars segment.
Although, it is impossible to mention every car launch, here is a list of the top-10 car launches of 2018. The list also includes facelift launches of some of the popular cars in the segment as well.
(Click on the headlines to know about the pricing, specification and full details of the model)
Maruti Suzuki launched their third-generation Swift hatchback in the market, at the 2018 Auto Expo. The car was an instant success in the Indian market and has been one of the top-selling hatchbacks. Recently, the Maruti Suzuki Swift also won the ‘Indian Car of The Year 2018' (ICOTY 2018).
The Hyundai Santro is one of the most popular names in the Indian car market. Hyundai recently brought back the nameplate, after a long gap. The car was an instant hit and garnered a lot of demand. The Hyundai Santro booking crossed over 30,000 within a month of its launch.
Maruti introduced their all-new Ertiga in India recently. The new Ertiga, currently in its second generation comes with a completely new design and refreshed list of equipment and features. The all-new Ertiga also comes with the brand's new HEARTECT platform, similar to the Swift.
The Marazzo is the first MPV offerings from Mahindra. The Marazzo MPV comes with shark-inspired design and also boasts of a host of features and equipment. It is also the first ‘Made-in-India' MPV to receive a four-star safety rating at the Global NCAP — Click here to read our review.
The Alturas G4 is the latest flagship SUV from the Mahindra brand. The SUV sits above the XUV500 and is based on the fourth-generation Ssangyong Rexton SUV. The Alturas G4 comes with a host of luxury features, including rich leather seats among others — Click here to read our review.
The Tata Tiago and Tigor JTP are among the first performance-oriented products from the Indian car manufacturer. Both cars offer a lot of performance and are also packed with features — Click here to read our review.
Hyundai launched the facelifted version of their popular SUV, the Creta earlier this year. The new Creta facelift came with a number of subtle updates to its exterior styling. On the interiors as well, the Creta received a number of new features.
Honda introduced the second-generation Amaze in the market, earlier this year. The new Amaze comes with an all-new design, host of equipment and a few segment-first features as well. The Amaze is one of the most popular compact-sedans in the market.
The Freestyle is the first CUV in the Indian market. The car is based on the popular Ford Figo hatchback and comes with with a host of segment-first features and equipment. It even uses the same powertrain as the Figo hatchback
The Ciaz sedan is one of the most popular offerings from Maruti Suzuki. The facelift of the sedan was launched in mid-2018 and was the first to feature Maruti's brand new K15-series petrol engine.
2018 saw a number of car launches throughout the year. Most of the launches were kickstarted from the Auto Expo, held in February this year. However, there are also a number of new cars expected to be launched in the Indian market at the start of 2019. Among them are the Mahindra TUV300 and the much-awaited Tata Harrier.