TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
Tata Motors is set to launch a special edition Tigor on the 10th October 2018. According to IAB, the new Tata Tigor special edition will be a completely new model, separate from the upcoming JTP variant.
The special edition Tata Tigor could come with a host of cosmetic updates and the additional set of features and equipment. The Tigor special edition model will, however, come only with cosmetic updates both to its exterior and interior remaining unchanged mechanically.
The launch of the new special edition model is mainly to help the company attract more sales ahead of year's festive season. The additional features, along with the special edition cosmetic updates will provide a boost in sales for the brand in the Indian market.
The Tata Tigor was first launched in 2017. The sub-four-metre sedan is based on the Tiago hatchback from the carmaker. The car though hasn't been able to perform as well as the hatchback in the Indian market. Although, the company hopes that the special edition model will be able to gather a better response.
The company recently introduced a limited-edition model of the compact sedan, the Tigor Buzz. The Buzz variant offers unique styling features, Berry Red highlights and black roof wrap.
The Tata Tigor comes powered with two engine options: 1.2-litre Revotron petrol and a 1.05-litre Revotorq diesel three-cylinder engines. The 1.2-litre petrol produces 85bhp and 114Nm of torque while the 1.05-litre diesel churns out 70bhp and 140Nm of torque.
Both engines comemated to a standard 5-speed manual gearbox, with an optional five-speed automatic as well. However, it is yet to be confirmed if the new model, will also come with the optional transmission.
Thoughts On The Special Edition Tata Tigor
Tata Motors will be adding a new special edition variant of their Tigor offering in India. The new special edition model is expected to offer minor cosmetic and equipment list updates over the standard version. Tata hope to improve the sales of their compact sedan offering during the festive period with the special edition Tigor.