- 1 hr ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 1 hr ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- 1 hr ago Tata Elxsi To Supply China With Autosar-Adaptive Platform
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Confirms Diesel Engine Upgradation to BS-VI Norms — Will Not Discontinue Diesel Engines
- Lifestyle 8 Dos And Don'ts After Hair Wash!
- Technology 4G Tablet shipments witness a 62% sequential growth in 1Q 2019: CMR
- Movies Disha Patani: Salman Khan Is Grounded, Not Intimidating
- News MP Congress leader Ratan Singh dies of heart attack at counting centre
- Finance Markets End Lower Even As NDA Storms Back To Power; Sensex hits 40,000 Pts
- Sports Ashwin to play for Nottinghamshire in county cricket
- Education SBI Clerk Admit Card 2019 Will Be Released On This Date
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Tata Motors is set to launch a special edition Tigor on the 10th October 2018. According to IAB, the new Tata Tigor special edition will be a completely new model, separate from the upcoming JTP variant.
The special edition Tata Tigor could come with a host of cosmetic updates and the additional set of features and equipment. The Tigor special edition model will, however, come only with cosmetic updates both to its exterior and interior remaining unchanged mechanically.
The launch of the new special edition model is mainly to help the company attract more sales ahead of year's festive season. The additional features, along with the special edition cosmetic updates will provide a boost in sales for the brand in the Indian market.
The Tata Tigor was first launched in 2017. The sub-four-metre sedan is based on the Tiago hatchback from the carmaker. The car though hasn't been able to perform as well as the hatchback in the Indian market. Although, the company hopes that the special edition model will be able to gather a better response.
The company recently introduced a limited-edition model of the compact sedan, the Tigor Buzz. The Buzz variant offers unique styling features, Berry Red highlights and black roof wrap.
The Tata Tigor comes powered with two engine options: 1.2-litre Revotron petrol and a 1.05-litre Revotorq diesel three-cylinder engines. The 1.2-litre petrol produces 85bhp and 114Nm of torque while the 1.05-litre diesel churns out 70bhp and 140Nm of torque.
Both engines comemated to a standard 5-speed manual gearbox, with an optional five-speed automatic as well. However, it is yet to be confirmed if the new model, will also come with the optional transmission.
Thoughts On The Special Edition Tata Tigor
Tata Motors will be adding a new special edition variant of their Tigor offering in India. The new special edition model is expected to offer minor cosmetic and equipment list updates over the standard version. Tata hope to improve the sales of their compact sedan offering during the festive period with the special edition Tigor.