- 4 min ago Maruti Launching S-Presso In October 2019 — Fancy A Cup? Or Car?
- 2 hrs ago Toyota To Launch Twelve Products Over The Next Decade — The Invasion Has Begun
- 3 hrs ago Volkswagen India To Launch Four New SUVs: Touareg, Tiguan Allspace, T-Roc & T-Cross
- 19 hrs ago Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill — Enough Of The Hooliganism
- Technology Asus 6Z Review: Flagship-Grade Performance With Some Hiccups
- Lifestyle International Yoga Day: Best Yoga Poses For Arthritis
- Sports 100-day countdown for Doha World Athletics Championships begins
- News No anti-national activities on campus: Yogi Adityanath to all universities
- Movies Suriya And This Actress Were Forced To Run For Their Lives Due To A Rifle Wielding Woman
- Finance Consumer Electronic Manufacturers Seek GST Cut To 18%
- Education NEST Results 2019 Released: Check The Link And Important Details
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Tata Motors is planning to launch the Tigor EV in India, sometime in November 2018. The Indian automaker is looking at setting up EV manufacturing plants in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
According to reports from The Hindu, Tata Motors informed Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister, N Chandrababu Naidu regarding their plans to introduce the EV in two months time.
However, the company will be launching their Tata Tigor EV in a phased manner across the country. The reason for the phase-wise launches is to allow the company to set up a number of charging infrastructure across the country.
Currently, electric charging stations in India have been unavailable in most parts of the country. This has been one of the main reasons for many manufacturers for not introducing electric vehicles in India.
There already have been previous reports, suggesting the launch of the Tata Tigor EV in India for private buyers. Tata Motors, until now were supplying the electric cars just for government use to EECL, as part of their tender agreement.
That Tata Tigor electric comes with a 30kW motor, sourced from Electra EV. The electric motor is further mated to a single-speed automatic transmission. The Tata Tigor EV claims a total range of 130km on a single charge. The Tigor EV also claims a top speed of 100km/h.
The motor runs on a 216Ah, 72V battery, which can be charged up to 80 percent in six hours. The Tigor EV also comes with an optional fast charging system, which reduces this charging time to just 1.5 hours.
The Tata Tigor electric comes with a set of exterior styling changes, which help it stand out from the standard version. The front of the car comes with blue accents around the fog lamp housings, as well as the EV badge on the front grille.
The side of the car features also comes with EV decals, EV badge on the front fender, 15-inch alloys wheels with blue highlights, black painted roof and black ORVM casing. The rear also comes with a few changes, including a blue tailgate garnish and a ‘Powered by Electra EV' sticker.
Thoughts On Tata Tigor EV India Launch
The Indian government is all set to launch the FAME II scheme in the country, starting this September. The new Tata Tigor EV once launched will be the first electric car in the country under the new FAME II scheme. The Tata Tigor EV once launched, is expected to be priced around Rs 11 lakh, ex-showroom.