TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Assembly Election Results 2018 — Catch All The LIVE Updates Here
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- 8 Factors That Are Weighing On The Indian Economy Today
- Airtel Likely To Launch VoLTE Smartphones Under Rs. 2,500
- Nissan Kicks Interiors Revealed
- Virushka's First Wedding Anniversary: Virat Has This To Say!
- Gauri Khan's Floral Lehenga
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
Tata Motors recently won the tender from Energy Efficiency Service Limited (EESL). As part of the tender, the company has already delivered 1000 Tigor EVs to the Maharashtra government. The company now hopes to introduce the Tigor EV for sale to the private car buyers.
Tata Motors will sell the Tigor EV only in particular cities first. Though the company has received a good response towards the EV, it still has to work towards the missing electric charging infrastructure first in various cities.
Tata Motors stated that their product lineup is ready to receive the electric powertrain. These include the Zest, Bolt, Tiago and the Tigor.
Mayank Pareek, President, Passenger Vehicle Business, Tata Motors, stated, "We have today the Zest, Bolt, Tiago, Tigor and all are possible to have an electric powertrain. But suppose we sell an electric car to somebody in Mumbai, where will he/she charge the vehicle? In the end, we will be blamed."
He further added, "We are working on customer satisfaction first. It's like selling a car to somebody where there is no fuel pump and that is non-negotiable. Customer satisfaction should be paramount."
Also Read: Tata Motors And Maharashtra Government Sign MoU
Thoughts On The Tata Motors Tigor EV
The Tata Tigor EV was first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. Tata Motors also showcased the Tiago EV at the Expo. Both models use a three-phase AC induction, producing an equivalent of 40bhp.