TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Update: Kamal Nath To Be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- IPL Auction 2019: 5 Indians Who Will Not Get Big Bids
- Vivo Carnival On Amazon India: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- New Renault Cars For 2019 — New Renault MPV, Duster & Kwid Facelift Set To Launch Soon
- How Has NPS Withdrawal Become 100% Tax Free?
- The Bachchans Arrive To Bless Isha & Anand On Their Wedding!
- 17 Benefits Of Arrowroot: For Health, Hair & Skin
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
Now, TeamBHP has revealed the exact power figures for each driving modes of the diesel engine.
The diesel variant of the Tata Nexon draws power from a 1.5-litre four-cylinder, turbocharged engine producing a maximum power of 108bhp and 260Nm of torque. The SUV comes with three driving modes: City, Eco and Sport.
A leaked document from Tata Motors reveals the exact power output of the diesel engine in different driving modes. In Sport mode, the diesel engine churns out 108bhp and 260Nm of torque, and in City mode, the power output stands at 89bhp and 220Nm of torque.
The Eco mode limits the power output of the diesel engine to just 69bhp and 180Nm of torque. The Sport mode provides maximum performance, whereas the Eco mode delivers improved fuel efficiency. The City mode slots between the two modes offering optimum performance and fuel economy.
The diesel variant of the Nexon comes with a 6-speed manual gearbox, and Tata Motors is likely to introduce the AMT option very soon. The petrol version of the Nexon draws power from a 1.2-litre turbocharged engine producing 108bhp and 170Nm of torque.
The petrol model of the Nexon also comes with three driving modes which alter the performance. The power figures for the driving modes is likely to remain similar to that of the diesel engine. But the torque output will be lower as compared to the diesel unit. You can also read our first drive review of the Tata Nexon to know more about the performance of the SUV.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Tata Nexon
The Tata Nexon is a compact SUV with Tata's Impact design philosophy. The SUV features a mixture of design elements from coupes and SUVs. The Nexon also comes loaded with features which makes it a complete package. Tata Motors is also planning to introduce the AMT option on both the petrol and diesel version of the Nexon.