TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nirbhaya Death Anniversary — A Timeline
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test; Day 3 — Full Updates
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- How To Use TRAI DND iOS App To Block Spam Calls
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Tata has got some exciting reveals planned for the Auto Expo 2018, set to be held from 9th to 14th of February, 2018.
Currently, in the Compact-SUV market, only the petrol variant of the Ford EcoSport comes with an AMT option. It has a 6-speed torque converter unit.
The new Nexon AMT unit will be derived from the existing 6-speed manual transmission. Besides the difference in the transmission, there would be no major change from the current model.
The new Tata Nexon AMT will be available on the top-variant XZA, and the middle-variant, XTA. The XZA variant also gets a new 'Mari Gold' colour option. If rumours are correct, the XZA variant will be offered a sunroof.
The Tata Nexon is available in two engine options - A 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol, and a 1.5-litre turbocharged diesel, both producing 108.5bhp at 5000rpm and 3750rpm, respectively.
Torque figures stand as 170Nm @ 1750-4000rpm for the petrol variant and 260Nm @ 1500-2700rpm, for the diesel.
Read our review of the Tata Nexon.
The Tata Nexon AMT will be the only sub-four-metre compact SUV, to offer an automatic in both petrol and diesel avatars. The Nexon has received a good response in the market, since its launch in August, 2017. Expect the pricing to be around Rs 50,000 more than the current manual variant.