TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Fall Of Left And Rise Of BJP In West Bengal
- Bumrah Has 'Recovered Well' After Hurting Shoulder: Mumbai Indians Team Management
- Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG Driven Around With Fuel Pump Nozzle & Hose Stuck In The Car
- Filmfare Awards 2019 Winners List — Alia Bhatt & Ranbir Kapoor Take Home Awards For BEST ACTOR
- Skullcandy Push Review — Smart, Stylish Truly Wireless Earbuds
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
- World Tuberculosis Day: Ayurvedic Treatment For Pulmonary Tuberculosis
- Sensex Drops Sharply As Recession Fears Loom
Tata has got some exciting reveals planned for the Auto Expo 2018, set to be held from 9th to 14th of February, 2018.
Currently, in the Compact-SUV market, only the petrol variant of the Ford EcoSport comes with an AMT option. It has a 6-speed torque converter unit.
The new Nexon AMT unit will be derived from the existing 6-speed manual transmission. Besides the difference in the transmission, there would be no major change from the current model.
The new Tata Nexon AMT will be available on the top-variant XZA, and the middle-variant, XTA. The XZA variant also gets a new 'Mari Gold' colour option. If rumours are correct, the XZA variant will be offered a sunroof.
The Tata Nexon is available in two engine options - A 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol, and a 1.5-litre turbocharged diesel, both producing 108.5bhp at 5000rpm and 3750rpm, respectively.
Torque figures stand as 170Nm @ 1750-4000rpm for the petrol variant and 260Nm @ 1500-2700rpm, for the diesel.
Read our review of the Tata Nexon.
The Tata Nexon AMT will be the only sub-four-metre compact SUV, to offer an automatic in both petrol and diesel avatars. The Nexon has received a good response in the market, since its launch in August, 2017. Expect the pricing to be around Rs 50,000 more than the current manual variant.