TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Flipkart Big Billion Day Sale — Up To 40% Off On Cameras
- Helicopter Eela Movie Review — Kajol Flies High But The Film Fails To Be An Unforgettable Ride
- He Put 'Used' Girlfriend On eBay And Then This Happened
- All About The Scenic Town Of Meppadi In Kerala
- Electric Vehicles Can Be 'Dangerously' Silent — But Jaguar Has A Solution!
Tata has got some exciting reveals planned for the Auto Expo 2018, set to be held from 9th to 14th of February, 2018.
Currently, in the Compact-SUV market, only the petrol variant of the Ford EcoSport comes with an AMT option. It has a 6-speed torque converter unit.
The new Nexon AMT unit will be derived from the existing 6-speed manual transmission. Besides the difference in the transmission, there would be no major change from the current model.
The new Tata Nexon AMT will be available on the top-variant XZA, and the middle-variant, XTA. The XZA variant also gets a new 'Mari Gold' colour option. If rumours are correct, the XZA variant will be offered a sunroof.
The Tata Nexon is available in two engine options - A 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol, and a 1.5-litre turbocharged diesel, both producing 108.5bhp at 5000rpm and 3750rpm, respectively.
Torque figures stand as 170Nm @ 1750-4000rpm for the petrol variant and 260Nm @ 1500-2700rpm, for the diesel.
Read our review of the Tata Nexon.
The Tata Nexon AMT will be the only sub-four-metre compact SUV, to offer an automatic in both petrol and diesel avatars. The Nexon has received a good response in the market, since its launch in August, 2017. Expect the pricing to be around Rs 50,000 more than the current manual variant.