- 18 min ago Electric Vehicle GST To Be Reduced Soon — Government To Offer Other Tax Benefits As Well
- 24 hrs ago Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Modified: Rajputana Customs Have Outdone Themselves!
- 1 day ago Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- News Pak PM Imran Khan to meet Trump to reboot ties
- Movies Nikamma First Look: Abhimanyu Dassani & Shirley Setia Team Up For Sabbir Khan's Action Entertainer!
- Finance Bond Yield Rise After RBI's Das Says Future Policy Stance To Depend On Upcoming Data
- Sports TNPL 2019: Madurai Panthers vs Dindigul Dragons: Preview, where to watch, timing, head to head, probable XI
- Technology Oppo K3 First Impression: A Fresh Face In The Lot
- Lifestyle What Is Emotional Intelligence? 15 Ways To Improve It
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Tata Motors is gearing up for the launch of the new Harrier SUV in the Indian market in 2019. Ahead of that, the production of the Tata Harrier has commenced in India and the first SUV has been rolled out of the all-new assembly line in Pune. The bookings for the Tata Harrier is open and the SUV can be booked by making an advanced payment of Rs 30,000.
Tata Motors has also revealed the Harrier SUV and the new Impact Design 2.0 looks sharp and edgy with dramatic character lines throughout the body. Up front, the Tata Harrier features sleek LED DRLs, a tri-arrow pattern bumper with headlamps and fog lamps, black cladding and skid plate.
The side profile of the Tata Harrier features flared wheel arches, chrome garnish on top of the windowline, black cladding running across the body and sloping roofline. The rear of the SUV sports sleek LED tail light cluster, a black strip that runs across the tailgate and joins the tail lights, a roof-mounted spoiler, shark-fin antenna and skid plate.
Tata Motors has built a completely new world-class assembly line to manufacture the Harrier SUV. The manufacturing practices are adopted from Jaguar Land Rover and it features 90 percent automation levels with over 100+ KUKA and ABB robots.
The Tata Harrier will be offered with a five-seater configuration and Tata Motors states that the SUV offers best-in-class space, driving dynamics and off-roading capability. The Tata Harrier will be equipped with features such as rear AC vents, dual airbags, touchscreen infotainment system with HD display and surround sound system.
The Tata Harrier will draw power from a 2-litre four-cylinder, Kryotec diesel engine that produces 140bhp. The BS-VI compliant engine will be mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox as standard. Tata will also offer a 6-speed automatic gearbox sourced from Hyundai. Tata Motors is also expected to introduce the seven-seater variant of the Harrier at a later phase.
Thoughts On The Tata Harrier SUV
Tata Motors has commenced the production and also revealed the new Harrier SUV. The Tata Harrier looks rugged and elegant at the same time and the dramatic character lines enhance the looks of the SUV. When launched in India, the Tata Harrier will rival the likes of Jeep Compass, Hyundai Creta and the Mahindra XUV500.