- 2 min ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- 18 min ago Tata Elxsi To Supply China With Autosar-Adaptive Platform
- 26 min ago Hyundai Confirms Diesel Engine Upgradation to BS-VI Norms — Will Not Discontinue Diesel Engines
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Kona Electric Launching On 9 July — The Koreans Are Leading The Electric Revolution
- Sports Ashwin to play for Nottinghamshire in county cricket
- Movies Maharshi Box Office Collections 2 Weeks: Mahesh Babu's Movie Has A Splendid Run
- News Pakistan successfully test-fires ballistic missile Shaheen-II
- Finance 10 Nifty Stocks That Hit 52-Week Highs Today
- Technology Fujifilm launches GFX100 game-changing Mirrorless Camera
- Education SBI Clerk Admit Card 2019 Will Be Released On This Date
- Lifestyle 18 Effective Home Remedies For Asthma
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Tata Motors is gearing up for the launch of the Harrier SUV in the country and the company has already revealed the premium SUV. The Tata Harrier will be launched in early 2019 and now, more details of SUV have been revealed. Previously, we had reported about the interior features of the Tata Harrier.
Autocar India reports that the Tata Harrier will be equipped with a large 8.8-inch infotainment system sourced from Visteon. Visteon is an automotive component supplier that is specialised in infotainment systems, MID (Multi Information Display) and digital instrument clusters.
Visteon already supplies infotainment systems to several manufacturers such as Mazda and Ford. Apart from that, the Range Rover Velar SUV also uses the Visteon-sourced digital instrument cluster. So, the Tata Harrier will be equipped with premium components and we can expect the interior to be top-notch.
The report also states that the Tata Harrier's infotainment system will feature Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, MirrorLink and satellite navigation function. The infotainment system will also double up as a display for the reverse camera.
Tata Motors has opted for the Visteon infotainment system instead of the Harman unit is because of its smooth operating and faster interface. But the audio system will be provided by Harman and we can expect a premium sound quality similar to the Tata Tiago, Nexon and Tigor. The top-spec trim of the Harrier will also get a subwoofer.
The Tata Harrier will draw power from a 2-litre Kryotec diesel engine that produces 140bhp. The engine will be mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox and Tata Motors might also offer a 6-speed automatic gearbox sourced from Hyundai. Tata Motors is also working on the seven-seater variant of the Harrier.
Thoughts On The Tata Harrier SUV
The Tata Harrier is one of the most awaited SUVs in the Indian market. The Harrier will be the first premium SUV from the Indian automaker and it is based on the same platform as the Land Rover Discovery Sport. We can expect the Tata Harrier to carry a price tag of around Rs 13-18 lakh ex-showroom. The Tata Harrier will rival the likes of Hyundai Creta, Mahindra XUV500 and the Jeep Compass.