- 10 min ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- 26 min ago Tata Elxsi To Supply China With Autosar-Adaptive Platform
- 34 min ago Hyundai Confirms Diesel Engine Upgradation to BS-VI Norms — Will Not Discontinue Diesel Engines
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Kona Electric Launching On 9 July — The Koreans Are Leading The Electric Revolution
- Sports Ashwin to play for Nottinghamshire in county cricket
- Movies Maharshi Box Office Collections 2 Weeks: Mahesh Babu's Movie Has A Splendid Run
- News Pakistan successfully test-fires ballistic missile Shaheen-II
- Finance 10 Nifty Stocks That Hit 52-Week Highs Today
- Technology Fujifilm launches GFX100 game-changing Mirrorless Camera
- Education SBI Clerk Admit Card 2019 Will Be Released On This Date
- Lifestyle 18 Effective Home Remedies For Asthma
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Tata Motors has revealed the exterior design of the Harrier SUV and the first SUV has been rolled out of the Pune plant. Now, more details of the Tata Harrier has been revealed. CarDekho reports that the Tata Harrier will be equipped with several luxury features. The Tata Harrier will be launched in the Indian market in early 2019.
The report states that Tata Motors has worked a lot to make the cabin practical and the interior will be spacious. The Tata Harrier will get several practical features such as smartphone storage space for all passengers. The rear passengers will also get storage space on the doors.
The centre passenger will be able to store the smartphone in the space provided in the centre console behind the front armrest. With smartphones being an integral part of our life, car makers are coming up with innovative ideas to store the phones inside the car. Tata Motors has also worked in this aspect.
Apart from that, the Tata Harrier will also feature a cooled storage space below the front armrest. The cooled storage space can be used to store beverages and other items. The cold storage has been placed below the front armrest to make it accessible for the rear passengers as well.
The interior of the Tata Harrier will feature a dual-tone black and beige theme. The black will highlight the sporty character of the SUV while the beige colour will make the interior roomier. The Harrier will also get a floating touchscreen infotainment system and a rotary dial to select driving modes.
The Tata Harrier will draw power from a 2-litre Kryotec diesel engine that produces 140bhp on the five-seater variant and 170bhp on the seven-seater variant. The engine will be mated to a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic gearbox sourced from Hyundai.
The Tata Harrier is based on the OMEGARC platform that also underpins the Land Rover Discovery Sport. The Harrier is also the first product to feature Tata Motors' Impact Design 2.0 philosophy. The bookings for the Tata Tigor are already open and the SUV can be booked by making an advanced payment of Rs 30,000.
Thoughts On The Tata Harrier SUV
The Tata Harrier SUV is said to be a game-changing product in the Indian market. The Harrier will be the flagship offering from Tata Motors and it will be equipped with a host of premium features. The five-seater variant of the Tata Harrier will rival the likes of Hyundai Creta, Mahindra XUV500 and the Jeep Compass.