- 54 min ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 2 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- 3 hrs ago Tata Elxsi To Supply China With Autosar-Adaptive Platform
- Movies Young Actress Gives A Shock To Allu Arjun? Deets Inside!
- News No more red ‘Comrade’
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Polarised Square and Pilot sunglasses up for sale starting at Rs 899
- Sports PSG president Nasser Al Khelaifi denies alleged corruption relating to IAAF World Athletics Championship
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Lifestyle 8 Dos And Don'ts After Hair Wash!
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Tata Motors will officially unveil the new Harrier SUV on 2nd December 2018 and bookings for the same have already started at an amount of Rs 30,000. The Tata Harrier is currently one of the most-anticipated SUVs in India and the market has got huge expectations for it.
The Indian brand states that the new Harrier will be the most advanced Tata model ever made. It was initially showcased as a concept (H5X) at Auto Expo 2018, held back in February. From then on, the wait for the upcoming Tata SUV started.
The Tata Harrier was teased multiple times ahead of its official unveiling, especially in the form of videos. The latest video teaser gave a glimpse of the Tata Harrier's drive modes — watch the video here!
Details of the Tata Motors product are still not entirely known, even though the brand will give the full picture in a few days time. Now, the dimensions* of the Tata Harrier have been revealed by Autocar India:
*units are in mm
The 4.6-metre long Tata Harrier is definitely not a cut-short five-seater. In fact, being based on the same platform as the Land Rover Discovery Sport (read the review here), the new Harrier and the luxury SUV share the same wheelbase.
But what is more notable from the dimensions of the Tata Harrier is thatthe upcoming five-seater SUV is larger than most of its rivals. How much? Refer the brief comparison given below:
|Model||Length (mm)||Width (mm)||Height (mm)|
|Mahindra XUV 500||4585||1890||1785|
The Hyundai Creta is definitely the most popular five-seater SUV among the lot and features decent amounts of space on the inside. However, the Tata Harrier is 328mm longer and 114mm wider than the Creta, while the height and wheelbase stand at 84mm and 151mm, respectively. Another interesting fact is that the Mahindra XUV500, even while being a seven-seater, is smaller than the Harrier.
What this essentially implies is thatthe new Tata Harrier comes with class-leading interior space, along with all the features and equipment you would expect. To say the least, Tata Motors has created a new benchmark among five-seater SUVs. You can know more about the Tata Harrier in our first look review.
Thoughts On The Tata Harrier And Its Dimensions
The new Tata Harrier has got enough and more for the segment it competes in. Powered by an all-new 2.0-litre Kryotec 2.0 diesel engine, the Tata Harrier makes 138bhp and 320Nm of torque. These are quite decent figures and the newly-revealed Tata Harrier dimensions further highlight its spaciousness.