- 1 hr ago Suzuki Confirms Gixxer 250 Naked Roadster Launch — Coming Diwali 2019
- 1 hr ago Skoda Rapid To Feature New 1.0-Litre TSI Engine — Upgrading The Czechs
- 2 hrs ago New Hyundai Venue Compact-SUV Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 6.50 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Renault Reveals Official Teaser Video For The Triber — More Passion For Life Coming July 2019
- News Internal security: The challenge ahead for the next dispensation
- Sports Jofra Archer drafted into England's World Cup squad
- Movies Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Is UNAFFECTED By Vivek Oberoi's Tweet; Deepika Padukone In Awe Of Aaradhya
- Finance Rupee Seen At 67/Dollar On Modi Win
- Lifestyle Bhringraj Oil: Benefits For Hair & How To Use
- Technology Astronomers determine Planet Nine orbit; could be hiding beyond Kuiper Belt
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Tata Motors unveiled two concept models at the Auto Expo 2018, the H5X SUV and the 45X premium hatchback. Now, a report from TOI has revealed the launch details of both the models. Tata Motors has been testing the H5X SUV on Indian roads for quite some time and we expected the SUV to be launched soon.
The Tata H5X SUV will be launched in India in the first quarter of 2019 while the Tata 45X will hit the Indian roads in the second half of 2019 or the festive season. Both the cars will feature Tata Motors' Impact 2.0 design language. Both the vehicles will be based on two new platforms.
The Tata H5X is a 5-seater SUV and will be a premium offering from the Indian automaker. The H5X will be based on the Land Rover L550 platform which also underpins the Discovery Sport. Tata Motors will tweak the platform to suit the Indian conditions and keep the costs down.
The Tata H5X is expected to draw power from a Fiat-sourced 2-litre turbocharged diesel engine producing around 140bhp and 320Nm of torque. The transmission options will include a 6-speed manual and a 9-speed automatic gearbox. Apart from the standard front-wheel-drive, Tata Motors is expected to offer four-wheel-drive as an option.
Coming to the Tata 45X, it will be a premium hatchback from Tata Motors and will be a Maruti Baleno challenger. The Tata 45X will be the first car to be based on the Advanced Modular Platform (AMP). The same platform will spawn a number of models such as sedan, crossover and MPV.
The Tata 45X is likely to utilise the existing 1.2-litre petrol and 1.05-litre diesel engine. A manual gearbox will be offered as standard while Tata Motors might also introduce a dual-clutch automatic gearbox as well.
Thoughts On Tata H5X SUV And 45X Premium Hatchback
Tata Motors is all set to introduce the new premium SUV and a hatchback in the Indian market. The H5X is touted as premium SUV rivalling the likes of Jeep Compass and the Hyundai Creta. The H5X should give Tata Motors a much-needed boost in the utility vehicle segment.
The 45X premium hatchback will be a game-changing product for Tata Motors as it will challenge the supremacy of Maruti Suzuki in the premium hatchback segment. The Tata 45X will rival the likes of Maruti Baleno and the Hyundai Elite i20.