- News Lt Gen Faiz Hameed to be next chief of Pakistan's spy agency ISI
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: India vs Pakistan: Bhuvneshwar goes off injured and replacement Shankar strikes first ball
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Technology How To Delete Keyboard History On Your Android Smartphone
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The Skoda Kodiaq RS will be the first SUV from the Czech car manufacturer to be part of the vRS family of performance cars. The company recently unveiled its first sketches of what the exteriors of the Kodiaq RS would look like.
The interiors of the Skoda Kodiaq RS carries forward the sporty and aggressive design from its exteriors. The Kodiaq RS features an all-black cabin, with black seats and black roof-lining. The seats are offered with a mix of leather and Alcantara with contrast red stitching in a diamond cross design.
The contrast red stitching further extends to the dashboard, steering wheel, door panels and the centre consoles as well. Apart from the contrast stitching, the SUV also offers a flat-bottom RS steering wheel and carbon-fibre bits on the dash and door panels as well.
Along with the sporty blacked-out interiors, the Skoda Kodiaq RS can also be seen featuring the new all-digital instrument cluster. This is similar to the virtual cockpit systems seen on most high-end Audi models.
The Skoda Kodiaq RS will be powered by a single diesel engine power unit, in the form of a 2.0-litre twin-turbo engine. The engine is tuned to produce 236bhp and 500Nm of torque. The engine is further expected to be mated to a new eight-speed DSG transmission, sending power to all four wheels.
The 2.0-litre TDI diesel engine powering the Kodiaq RS is an all-new engine. This is said to be the most powerful diesel engine in Skoda's 120-year history.
The engine has already proved its prowess, by holding the record at the Nurburgring circuit. The Skoda Kodiaq RS is the fastest seven-seater SUV in the world with a timing of 9:20.84 around the 20.8km ‘Green Hell'.
Thoughts On The Skoda Kodiaq RS
With the Skoda Kodiaq RS global unveil scheduled to be held next month at the Paris Motor Show, there is no news of the SUVs entry in the Indian market. However, the car will be a fun-to-drive offering, with blistering performance and superior handling compared to the standard model.