TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
The Skoda Kodiaq RS will be the first SUV from the Czech car manufacturer to be part of the vRS family of performance cars. The company recently unveiled its first sketches of what the exteriors of the Kodiaq RS would look like.
The interiors of the Skoda Kodiaq RS carries forward the sporty and aggressive design from its exteriors. The Kodiaq RS features an all-black cabin, with black seats and black roof-lining. The seats are offered with a mix of leather and Alcantara with contrast red stitching in a diamond cross design.
The contrast red stitching further extends to the dashboard, steering wheel, door panels and the centre consoles as well. Apart from the contrast stitching, the SUV also offers a flat-bottom RS steering wheel and carbon-fibre bits on the dash and door panels as well.
Along with the sporty blacked-out interiors, the Skoda Kodiaq RS can also be seen featuring the new all-digital instrument cluster. This is similar to the virtual cockpit systems seen on most high-end Audi models.
The Skoda Kodiaq RS will be powered by a single diesel engine power unit, in the form of a 2.0-litre twin-turbo engine. The engine is tuned to produce 236bhp and 500Nm of torque. The engine is further expected to be mated to a new eight-speed DSG transmission, sending power to all four wheels.
The 2.0-litre TDI diesel engine powering the Kodiaq RS is an all-new engine. This is said to be the most powerful diesel engine in Skoda's 120-year history.
The engine has already proved its prowess, by holding the record at the Nurburgring circuit. The Skoda Kodiaq RS is the fastest seven-seater SUV in the world with a timing of 9:20.84 around the 20.8km ‘Green Hell'.
Thoughts On The Skoda Kodiaq RS
With the Skoda Kodiaq RS global unveil scheduled to be held next month at the Paris Motor Show, there is no news of the SUVs entry in the Indian market. However, the car will be a fun-to-drive offering, with blistering performance and superior handling compared to the standard model.