TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP-Cong Spar Over EVMs Again: This Time There Is An International Conspiracy To It
- ICC Awards 2018 Winners' List: Virat Kohli Sweeps Awards; Makes History
- New Upcoming Maruti Cars In India — 12 New Models In Next Two Years
- Reliance Jio To Foray Into E-Commerce Business In India
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider For 2019
- Kangana on #MeToo: I Was Pinched On My B*tt In The Middle Of A Group
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Health Benefits Of L-arginine
Renault India has announced an increase in prices across its vehicle range from January 2019. The French automaker will be hiking the prices by 1.5 per cent to offset the rising input and distribution costs.
The company stated, "India is a key market for Renault, with a long-term strategy to grow the brand in the dynamic Indian market. Over the last few years, Renault has focused on establishing a strong base in India which includes a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, a world-class technology centre and two design centres."
With this price hike, Renault joins the list of manufacturers such as BMW, Toyota, Isuzu Motors, Maruti Suzuki, Volkswagen and Skoda who will be increasing prices. Other manufacturers are also expected to announce a price hike in the coming days.
Renault in India, offers a wide range of products, from the entry-level Kwid, Lodgy MPV, Duster and the Captur. Ahead of the price hike, Renault is currently offering discounts on all its vehicles, along with a bunch of benefits and offers.
The Renault-Nissan Alliance recently showcased their new Kicks SUV, based on the same platform as the Captur and Duster SUV. The media drive for the Kicks also revealed the interiors of the upcoming SUV for the first time. We also drove the Nissan Kicks, stay tuned for our review coming up soon.
Thoughts On The Renault Price Hike
Renault is the latest car manufacturer in the country to announce an increase in prices. The fluctuating exchange rates, along with the increasing input costs have forced most car brands to hike prices. We can expect more carmakers to announce a hike in prices in the coming days.