TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Jammu & Kashmir: IED Blast Leaves An Army Officer Dead In Rajouri
- Saina And Saurabh Emerge Champions In The National Badminton
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Is The Most Powerful Android Smartphone In The World
- CBDT Notifies Deadline For Mandatory Aadhaar Linking To File Tax Returns
- Tesla Sentry Mode — The Guardian Angel Of Your Tesla
- Jageshwar — The Himalayan Town With 100 Ancient Temples
- Anushka Sharma Opens Up About Catfights In Bollywood
- Ever Faced Emotional Abuse As A Child?
The Range Rover Velar has won the award for the World Car Design Of The Year at the recent 2018 New York Auto Show.
The Velar won the World Design Car Award competing against cars like the Lexus LC 500 and the Volvo XC60. The Velar was even among the finalists for the coveted World Car Of The Year award, where the Volvo XC60 taking top honours.
Dr Ralf Speth, CEO, Jaguar Land Rover, said, "The Range Rover Velar is an outstanding, superior SUV. Compelling modernity, eye-catching design, innovative Touch Pro Duo infotainment technology and a clear focus on sustainability - what a combination. This product speaks for itself. F-TYPE, Evoque, F-PACE and now the Range Rover Velar wins the World Car of the Year design award. This means a lot to us
Speth further said, "I feel very honoured and I want to thank all jury members for their trust and support in encouraging the Land Rover team to continue on their unique path. I also want to thank our Velar team for their passion and commitment, for going the extra mile to move boundaries for extraordinary solutions".
The Range Rover Velar was launched in India last year and is available with a starting price of Rs 78.83 Lakh ex-showroom (Delhi).
Available in both diesel and petrol fuel options, the Velar gets two diesel options in the form of a 2-litre four-cylinder engine producing 177bhp and a 3-litre V6 which churns out 296bhp. The petrol variant receives a 2-litre four-cylinder petrol engine producing 247bhp.
Thoughts On The Most Beautiful Car In The World - The Range Rover Velar
The Range Rover Velar looks futuristic, with an almost coupe-like roofline and a wide stance, yet stays true to the Range Rover design language. The Velar sits between the Range Rover Evoque and theSport models in the company's lineup. While, competing with rivals such as the Audi Q7, BMW X5 and the Mercedes-Benz GLE.