TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
The Volvo XC60 has won the World Car of the Year 2018 at the ongoing New York Auto Show. Previous awards for the premium carmaker include the North American Utility award for the XC60 and the European Car of the Year award for its smaller SUV sibling, the XC40.
This is the first time Volvo has won this award and the second time in a row that an SUV has taken the honours. The Jaguar F-Pace won the World Car of the Year in 2017.
The Volvo XC60 is part of the company's Scalable Product Architecture (SPA) platform and borrows most of its styling from the larger XC90 SUV. The front gets the company's signature front multi-slat chrome grille, flanked by LED headlamps with Thor's Hammer LED DRLs.
The rear of the XC60 features vertically-styled LED tail lights, roof-mounted spoiler and a chunky rear bumper with dual exhaust pipes.
On the interiors, It gets features such as massage function for the front seats, various driver assists functions such as blind-spot assist, adaptive cruise control, autonomous braking system, semi-automatic parking and lane-departure warning.
Globally, the SUV gets both petrol and diesel fuel options with multiple trim levels. However, in India, the XC60 comes in only one variant, powered by a 2-litre, four-cylinder twin-turbocharged diesel engine producing 233bhp and 480Nm of torque. The diesel engine comes mated to an eight-speed Geartronic automatic transmission.
Thoughts On The Volvo XC60 Winning The World Car Of The Year 2018
The Volvo brand is synonymous with safety, even winning the award for the Safest Car In The World 2017 by Euro NCAP. Launched in India in 2017, it is priced at Rs 55.90 Lakh ex-showroom (Delhi) and competes with rivals such as the Audi Q5, Mercedes-Benz GLC and the BMW X3.