- 5 min ago 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Facelift Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Other Details
- 2 hrs ago Mini Convertible Sidewalk Edition Launched In India: Priced At Rs 44.90 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Renault Kwid Neotech Variant Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Dual-Tone Paint Scheme & More
- 19 hrs ago MG Hector Facelift Spotted Testing In Vadodara: Details & Specifications
- Travel Best Places to Visit in West Bengal in October 2020
- News Gangrape of 2 minors in Rajasthan; UP Minister asks Gandhis to visit the state
- Sports IPL 2020: Love it or loathe it, IPL is here to stay
- Technology Motorola Razr 5G India Launch Set For October 5; Should You Buy?
- Lifestyle Hina Khan’s Party-Perfect Look In Stylish Hoodie, Shorts, And Silver Boots Turns On Our Disco Mood
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 4: Ex-Contestant Karate Kalyani Says Devi Nagavalli's Eviction Was Unfair
- Finance IndusInd Bank Top Index Gainer, Brokerages See Up To 26% Upside
- Education RBSE 12th Supplementary Result 2020 Declared
The 2018 Porsche Cayenne comes with a number of changes and upgrades over the previous versions. The SUV also features an updated and more powerful engine, with the option of a hybrid powertrain as well. Bookings for the new Cayenne already began a while ago, with the first set of cars already sold out in India.
The set of updates on the new-generation Porsche Cayenne include a revised chassis, separated link design for the front axle and a multi-link rear axle as well.
The Cayenne now also comes with a more sharper and agile design, while keeping a similar appearance to its predecessor. The SUV now comes with the Porsche Dynamic Light System (PLDS) or LED Matrix Beam Headlights which also includes the PLDS system.
The 2018 Porsche Cayenne will be available in four variants: Cayenne, Cayenne S, Cayenne Turbo and the Cayenne E-Hybrid. All four variants draw power from a range of V6 and V8 engine configurations.
The standard Cayenne is powered by 3.0-litre turbocharged V6 engine producing 335bhp and 450Nm of torque. The Cayenne S comes with a 2.9-litre twin-turbo V6 which churns out 433bhp and 550Nm of peak torque.
The 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, on the other hand, comes with a massive 4.0-litre bi-turbo V8 producing 542bhp and 770Nm of torque. Porsche also offers the Cayenne E-Hybrid version, which uses the 3.0-litre V6 engine mated to an electric motor. The combined power output of the E-Hybrid comes to around 462bhp and 700Nm of peak torque.
Porsche offers a newly-designed eight-speed Tiptronic S transmission as standard across all variants of the Cayenne SUV. The E-Hybrid version of the Cayenne can be driven in an all-electric mode for a range between 23 to 44km while offering a top speed of 135km/h.
The third-generation Porsche Cayenne also offers four driving modes: Mud, Gravel, Sand and Rock. The car can further be tuned to change the drive mode, chassis setting and differential locks to further adjust to the terrain.
Standard features on the 2018 Porsche Cayenne: 12.3-inch touchscreen system, seven-inch full HD instrument displays, Lane Changing & Keeping Assist, Traffic Sign Recognition, Traffic Jam Assist, Park Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control among others.
Thoughts On The 2018 Porsche Cayenne In India
The 2018 Porsche Cayenne offers a host of luxurious and performance features and upgrades compared to its older generation. The SUV once launched in India will take on rivals such as the Mercedes-Benz GLS, Range Rover Sport, BMW X5 M and the Maserati Levante.
Prices for the 2018 Porsche Cayenne are expected to start from Rs 1 Crore, going all the way up to Rs 2.5 crore, ex-showroom.