- 14 hrs ago Range Rover Sport Launched With New 2.0-Litre Petrol Engine — Prices Start At 86.71 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — TVC Targets Younger Buyers
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Variants Explained In Detail — The Best Model Of The Lot!
- 16 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — Top Five Features And Everything You Need To Know
- News Watch the video of Dalit body president being attacked at Press club in Hyderabad
- Sports Asian Championships winner Gomathi fails dope test
- Finance Rupee Opens Higher At 69.67
- Technology Samsung's latest 5x optical zoom camera sensor is just 5mm in thickness
- Movies Maharshi Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 13: Overtakes Srimanthudu To Reach A New Milestone!
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja’s Modern Suit At Cannes 2019 Has A Timeless Touch And She Looks Flawless
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Bookings for the new 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo have officially started. The SUV will reach showrooms in June 2018 and carries a lot of improvements over the previous model. The Porsche Cayenne Turbo has always been popular for its balance between performance and off-road capability.
The updated Cayenne Turbo gets a new engine, lightweight chassis and a host of assistance features.
Pavan Shetty, Director of Porsche India shared, "The new Cayenne Turbo represents the start of an exciting introduction phase for us, with the Cayenne and Cayenne E-Hybrid also set to arrive in showrooms later this year. The Cayenne has been one of our most popular models to-date and I am sure that the third generation, which offers greater versatility and more performance than ever before will continue the success story, starting with the Turbo derivative. It is a highly anticipated model and as such we are delighted to offer customers the opportunity to order the latest generation of Porsche's flagship SUV in India."
Powering the 2018 Porsche Cayenne is a 4.0-litre biturbo V8 that makes 550bhp and 770Nm of torque. The engine is mated to an 8-speed ZF automatic gearbox.
A 0-100km/h sprint takes only 4.1 seconds for the new Cayenne Turbo; thus being quicker than the previous model. This time can be reduced to 3.9 seconds with optional Sports Chrono package. Top speed stays at 286 km/h.
The increased performance is mainly due to the position of the turbochargers. The turbos are now placed in between the ‘V' block. The exhaust passages have also been shortened to reduce turbo lag and improve power delivery.
The new Cayenne Turbo concentrates a lot on aerodynamics and sports a first-in-segment adaptive spoiler. The spoiler can change its angle of tilt for three purposes: reducing drag, increasing rear-axle downforce and most importantly, braking. The new active spoiler helps bring the SUV to a halt from 250km/h; two metres shorter than before.
The aerodynamics is further aided by the brand's new braking system – Porsche Surface Coated Brakes (PSCB); a standard fitment.
Coming to its off-roading capability, the new Cayenne Turbo gets five drive modes. The rear-axle steering has been borrowed from the Porsche 911. The new Porsche SUV rides on a three-chamber air suspension and has also got Active Roll Stabilisation.
The new Porsche Cayenne Turbo is expected to cost above Rs 1.90 crore ex-showroom (Delhi). The last-gen Cayenne Turbo cost Rs 1.92 crore ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Being a Porsche, the Cayenne is basically a sportscar with excellent off-roading capability. The new Cayenne brings the best and latest from the brand and is expected to be a strong competitor in the performance-SUV segment. The Cayenne Turbo uses the same ‘Volkswagen MLB' platform as the Audi Q7 TFSI, Bentley Bentayga V8 and the Lamborghini Urus.