- News Assam Police recruitment: 2000 Assam police jobs announced, direct link to apply here
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli confirms Bhuvneshwar ruled out of next 2-3 games due to hamstring niggle
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Technology How To Delete Keyboard History On Your Android Smartphone
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Previously we had reported that the Nissan Kicks will be launched in the Indian market in 2019. Now, IAB has spotted the Nissan Kicks being tested on Indian roads. The Kicks SUV spotted in India is finished in heavily camouflaged livery and even the alloy wheels are disguised.
The India-spec Nissan Kicks will be different from the globally sold model and the changes can be observed in the prototype version of the SUV. The beltline and the rear door frame is slightly different from the international model of the Kicks.
The interior of the India-spec Nissan Kicks is expected to feature the same design as the global-spec model. The spy shot also reveals the side AC vent design which is similar to the model sold in the global markets. Apart from that, there are no details visible as the interior also gets the camouflaged finishing.
The global-spec Nissan Kicks is based on the V platform while the India-spec model will be underpinned by the B0 platform to keep the costs down. The Renault Duster, Nissan Terrano and the Renault Captur are also based on the same B0 platform. So, the Kicks is expected to deliver a smooth ride quality.
The Nissan Kicks is likely to draw power from the existing 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines. The petrol engine is good for 104bhp and 142Nm of torque while the diesel engine churns out 108bhp and 240Nm of torque. Renault also offers an all-wheel-drive system in the global markets but it is unlikely to be offered in India.
The new SUV will be manufactured at the Oragadam plant in Chennai. The Nissan Kicks is expected to be revealed by the end of this year and it will be followed by the launch in early 2019. The Kicks will be a crucial product for Nissan as it is launching a new product after a long gap.
Thoughts On The Nissan Kicks
Nissan has finally commenced the testing of Kicks SUV on Indian roads and the India-spec model will be different from the globally sold model. Nissan will tweak the SUV to suit the Indian conditions and also to keep the costs down. The prices for the Nissan Kicks is expected to start from under Rs 10 lakh. The new SUV from Nissan will rival the likes of segment-leader Hyundai Creta.