- 15 hrs ago Range Rover Sport Launched With New 2.0-Litre Petrol Engine — Prices Start At 86.71 Lakh
- 16 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — TVC Targets Younger Buyers
- 16 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Variants Explained In Detail — The Best Model Of The Lot!
- 17 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — Top Five Features And Everything You Need To Know
- Sports Joshna Chinappa advances to third round of British Open
- News Doordarshan to get new logo! Here are 5 shortlisted designs to replace DD’s ‘eye’
- Finance Third-Party Motor Insurance Cover Set To Become Expensive
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 9T gets certified hinting imminent launch
- Movies Salman Khan TAKES A SHARP JIBE At Priyanka Chopra For Choosing Wedding With Nick Jonas Over Bharat
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja’s Modern Suit At Cannes 2019 Has A Timeless Touch And She Looks Flawless
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Japanese automaker Nissan is all set to introduce the Kicks SUV in the Indian market. CarandBike reports that the Nissan Kicks will be launched in the country in January 2019. The India-spec Nissan Kicks will be different from the globally sold model. Nissan will tweak the SUV to suit the Indian conditions.
The report states that the India-spec Nissan Kicks will be spacious and will feature a host of connectivity options. The Nissan Kicks will be offered in both petrol and diesel options. But Nissan has not confirmed about the automatic variant of the Kicks SUV in the Indian market.
Executive Design Director of Nissan Group, Alfonso Albaisa said that the India-spec Kicks will be different from the global-spec SUV. Nissan is expected to tweak the proportions of the SUV for a spacious interior and will also get connectivity options. Nissan will also try to keep the costs low to price the SUV competitively.
The Kicks will be a crucial product for the Japanese automaker as it is going through a tough time in the Indian market. The Nissan Kicks will lock horns with the segment-leader Hyundai Creta and also the Renault Duster and Mahindra Scorpio.
The Nissan Kicks will be offered in both petrol and diesel variants. The Kicks is likely to draw power from the existing 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines. The petrol engine produces 104bhp and 142Nm of torque and the diesel engine is good for 108bhp and 240Nm of torque.
The petrol engine is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox and the diesel engine is coupled to a 6-speed manual gearbox. The globally sold model also features an all-wheel-drive system, but the India-spec Kicks is unlikely to get all-wheel-drive to keep the costs down. But, Nissan might introduce an automatic variant of the SUV.
Thoughts On The Nissan Kicks
The Nissan Kicks will be an important product for the Japanese automaker and with the SUV segment booming in the country, the Kicks could be a hit in the Indian market. The Kicks also features a funky design which will attract the young buyers in the country. We expect the Nissan Kicks to be priced in the range of Rs 11 lakh to 16 lakh ex-showroom.