- 7 hrs ago Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- 24 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 1 day ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 1 day ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- News Weather forecast: Dry weather in Delhi-NCR, Bengaluru to witness pre-monsoon rains
- Technology Realme X to come with different specification in India with a price tag around 18K: Realme
- Sports Lyon president Aulas urges PSG to make Ndombele move
- Movies Hina Khan Proved Time Changes: From Being Tantrum Queen, Trolled For Bigg Boss Stint To Cannes Debut
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Lifestyle Schizophrenia: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Renault recently launched the 2018 version of their Kwid offering in India. The 2018 Renault Kwid comes with a host of new features, yet prices for the latest edition of the hatchback remains unchanged. The 2018 Kwid is available in eight trims and has a starting price of Rs 2.66 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Kwid continues to be powered by the same engine options: 0.8-litre and 1.0-litre, three-cylinder petrol engines. The smaller 800cc engine produces 52bhp and 72Nm of torque. While the larger 999cc engine churns out 67bhp and 91Nm of torque. Both engines are mated to either a five-speed manual or AMT gearbox.
Here are the top five important features on the 2018 Renault Kwid.
The 2018 Renault Kwid comes with a host of cosmetic upgrades. This includes updated dual-tone bumpers, a new razor-sharp chrome front grille and C-shaped signature lighting. The mid and top-end variants also come with body-coloured bumpers, full wheel covers, blacked-out alloy wheels and fog lamps.
The AMT version of the 2018 Renault Kwid now offers a creep function. This new feature allows the car to creep forward slowly, without any throttle input. This function is mainly used in heavy traffic conditions, while also preventing the car to roll backwards at inclines.
Among the many first-in-class features on the new Renault Kwid. The top-end variants of the new-generation hatchback now feature a central armrest for the rear passenger.
Rear Parking Camera and a 12V Socket
Part of the first-in-class features list, the new Renault Kwid now offers a rear parking camera, as well as a 12V socket. The top variants of the Kwid offer a seven-inch MediaNav touchscreen, which also offers a display for the new rear parking camera.
The 2018 Kwid also offers a rear 12V socket for charging phones and other accessories as well.
The 2018 Renault Kwid offers a wide range of customisable options, on both the exteriors and interiors of the hatchback. Exterior customisable options on the 2018 Kwid include chrome inserts on the tail lamps, headlamps, bumper protector and bumper liner. Other options also include side cladding, roof rails and mud flaps.
Customisable options on the interiors of the 2018 Renault Kwid: Anti-slip mats, seat covers, steering wheel covers, cabin floor mats and illuminated sill plates.
Apart from these customisable options, the 2018 Kwid also offers a range of body graphic designs.
Other Standard Features
Other standard features on the Renault Kwid 2018 include a digital instrument cluster, lane-change indicator and seatbelt pre-tensioners with load limiters.
The new Kwid also comes with power steering, engine immobiliser, power windows, traffic assist, rear ELR (Emergency Locking Retractor) and remote central locking.
Renault has also released a new TVC, showcasing the 2018 Kwid. The commercial showcases the Kwid with all its new features, including the AMT gearbox, reverse parking camera, rear armrest and the rear ELR (Emergency Locking Retractors).
The TVC also showcases the exterior of the new Kwid, with its chrome grille, C-shaped signature lights and the fog lamps.
Thoughts On The 2018 Renault Kwid
The Renault Kwid hatchback recently crossed 2.5 lakh sales. The new ‘feature loaded range' of the Kwid, hopes to continue bringing volume sales for the French car manufacturer. The Kwid offers a number of segment-first features without any change in prices, compared to the previous generation model.