- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: This India team intimidates Pakistan: Waqar Younis
- Technology Huawei Already Working On A Dual-Folding Smartphone
- News 'Siddaramaiah could be the reason for my suspension', says Karnataka MLA Roshan Baig
- Lifestyle Hina Khan Or Kangana Ranaut Or Sophie Choudry: Whose Airport Outfit Would You Like To Try?
- Movies Thalapathy 63: A Major Update About The Vijay Movie To Come At 6 PM!
- Finance IndiaMart IPO To Open On 24 June
- Education NEST Results 2019 Released: Check The Link And Important Details
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch the new WagonR in the Indian market and the updated hatchback has been spotted testing on Indian roads. Now, GaadiWaadi reports that the production of the new Maruti WagonR has commenced in India and the hatchback will be launched soon in the country.
The report states that Maruti Suzuki is expected to launch the new WagonR by mid-December or in January 2019. The new WagonR is one of the most crucial product for Maruti Suzuki as the electric version of the hatchback will be introduced in 2020. Maruti Suzuki is already testing the prototype EVs on Indian roads.
The new third-gen WagonR is already on sale in several global markets such as Japan. The new Maruti WagonR will retain its tall-boy design as the outgoing model and will feature updates to the exterior design. The interior will be spacious and is expected to get new features.
The overall design of the new Maruti WagonR will remain unchanged except for new styling elements. With the new Hyundai Santro set to hit the market on October 23, 2018, Maruti Suzuki will aim to take on the new hatchback from the South Korean automaker.
The upcoming new Maruti WagonR is expected to draw power from the same 1-litre three-cylinder petrol engine that produces 67bhp and 90Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to a 5-speed manual or an AMT gearbox. Similar to the new Santro, the new WagonR will be also offered with CNG fuel option.
The new Maruti WagonR will be based on the existing platform but it will be tweaked to meet the new crash test norms. The new WagonR will be also equipped with standard safety features such as dual front airbags, ABS, speed warning system and reverse parking sensors.
Thoughts On The New Maruti WagonR
Maruti Suzuki is gearing up for its next big launch in the Indian market and the new WagonR is expected to be a hit in the country. With the launch of the new Santro, the entry-level hatchback segment will spice up in the country. The new Maruti WagonR will rival the likes of the new Hyundai Santro, Tata Tiago, Renault Kwid and Datsun Go.