- 2 min ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- 2 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 5 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago 2020 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Images Leaked — Receives Updated Styling & Features
- Movies Aadai Release: Amala Paul Waives Off Her Salary For The Film!
- News HC issues notice to PM Modi on petition challenging election from Varanasi
- Finance Subsidy On EVs Will Be Offered For Commercial Vehicles Only: Govt
- Lifestyle YRF's Face App Tweet Reminds Us Of Preity Zinta's Gorgeous Suits In Veer Zaara
- Technology Asus ROG Phone 2 Gets TENNA Certification Ahead Of July 23 Launch
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Sports MS Dhoni retirement: This is what Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir have to say
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
The new Maruti Wagon R (2019 model) might launch in India on January 23. The popular Maruti Suzuki hatchback has been on the market since the early 2000s, and has got a good customer base even today. The 2019 Maruti Wagon R is claimed to be a completely-different package compared to the current model.
All the images shown are for representational purposes only.
Gaadiwaadi states that the new Wagon R will hit mass production from mid-January 2019. The launch has been slightly delayed since the car had to meet the revised safety regulations, applicable from 2020.
The India-spec Wagon R will also look different compared to the Japan-spec models shown here. One such example was spotted testing recently, and it looked quite in line with the design of other Maruti products.
As per reports, the current-generation Wagon R sells in the range of more than 10,000 units a month. This is quite evident from the list of top-selling cars in India, as the Maruti Wagon R always manages to be one among the top big sellers.
The Maruti Wagon R is a compact hatchback, ideal for urban markets. The unique ‘tall boy' design will still be retained in the new 2019 model, while being larger than before. The same concept is followed in the recently-launched Maruti Ertiga (much bigger than the previous model).
Once launched, the main rival to the 2019 Maruti Wagon R will be the Hyundai Santro. The original Santro which was quite popular back in the 2000s showcased the same amount of competition to the Wagon R market. Both hatchbacks have a tall boy design language.
Projector headlamps, Suzuki's global styling, touchscreen infotainment system, reverse parking camera, speed warning, etc. will be among the features on offer. The basic safety essentials such as dual airbags and ABS+EBD will also come with it.
If speculations are correct, the engine is the existing 1.0-litre K10B engine which powers the current model. It makes 67bhp and 90Nm of torque, but these figures could be slightly higher in the 2019 Maruti Wagon R. Furthermore, there might be an AMT option in addition to the regular five-speed manual transmission.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Wagon R (2019)
Not much is known about the new Maruti Wagon R, even though many speculations revolve around it. In the coming days, we will get the full picture of what the popular Maruti hatchback has to offer in its latest avatar, and also whether it is capable of being a big seller as before.