TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Who Is Moin Qureshi, The Man Who Has Come To Bite The CBI again
- Bharti Airtel Launches New Plan Offering 1.4 GB Data For 75 days
- 7 Must-visit Weekend Getaways From Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Floppy Baby Syndrome: Causes & Symptoms
- This Beast Didn’t Spare Even Girls His Daughters' Age: Alisha Chinai & Composer Expose Anu Malik!
- Hero Destini 125 Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 54,650
- The Top Five ODI Innings Of Virat Kohli
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider
Maruti Suzuki is looking for a bigger market share in the SUV segment in the Indian market. The company already dominates the compact SUV segment with its best-selling Vitara Brezza.
The new Suzuki Vitara is already on sale in European markets and is available in both petrol and diesel variants. Maruti Suzuki is likely to slot the Vitara above the S-Cross. The new Maruti Vitara will be priced similarly to the Hyundai Creta and the Mahindra XUV500.
The petrol version of the new Maruti Vitara is likely to draw power from a 1.4-litre turbocharged engine producing 140bhp and 230Nm of torque. With these power figures, the Vitara will the most powerful SUV in its segment.
The new Maruti Vitara diesel is expected to make use of the 1.6-litre Fiat Multijet turbocharged engine churning out 120bhp and 320Nm of torque. The petrol engine might be offered with a 6-speed manual and an optional automatic gearbox. The diesel unit could be mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox.
The India-spec new Maruti Vitara is expected to be a front-wheel-drive SUV as opposed to the all-wheel-drive model sold in global markets. The Vitara will be offered as a five-seater SUV with safety features such as ABS and airbags as standard.
The new Maruti Vitara will be premium offering from the company and we expect the SUV to be sold through the Nexa dealership network. The Maruti Vitara is expected to be priced in the range of Rs 9 lakh to Rs 10 lakh.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The New Maruti Vitara
Maruti Suzuki has been a dominant player in the compact SUV segment and the Vitara Brezza is the best-selling compact SUV in the country. Now, Maruti Suzuki is planning to capture the mid-size SUV segment by introducing the Vitara. The new Vitara will rival the likes of Hyundai Creta, Mahindra XUV500 and Renault Captur.