- Sports Five stars who featured in 2015 World Cup, but won't play in 2019
- Technology Oppo Reno series to be Flipkart exclusive in India; slated to launch on May 28
- News MJ Akbar denies interview meeting with Ramani at Oberoi Hotel, next hearing on July 6
- Finance ULIPs Can Help In Long Term Wealth Creation: This Is How?
- Movies De De Pyaar De Weekend Box Office Collection: Ajay Devgn's Film Earns This Much In 3 Days
- Lifestyle Parents Do Not Want Their Son To Touch Himself And They Installed CCTV
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Maruti Suzuki is looking for a bigger market share in the SUV segment in the Indian market. The company already dominates the compact SUV segment with its best-selling Vitara Brezza.
The new Suzuki Vitara is already on sale in European markets and is available in both petrol and diesel variants. Maruti Suzuki is likely to slot the Vitara above the S-Cross. The new Maruti Vitara will be priced similarly to the Hyundai Creta and the Mahindra XUV500.
The petrol version of the new Maruti Vitara is likely to draw power from a 1.4-litre turbocharged engine producing 140bhp and 230Nm of torque. With these power figures, the Vitara will the most powerful SUV in its segment.
The new Maruti Vitara diesel is expected to make use of the 1.6-litre Fiat Multijet turbocharged engine churning out 120bhp and 320Nm of torque. The petrol engine might be offered with a 6-speed manual and an optional automatic gearbox. The diesel unit could be mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox.
The India-spec new Maruti Vitara is expected to be a front-wheel-drive SUV as opposed to the all-wheel-drive model sold in global markets. The Vitara will be offered as a five-seater SUV with safety features such as ABS and airbags as standard.
The new Maruti Vitara will be premium offering from the company and we expect the SUV to be sold through the Nexa dealership network. The Maruti Vitara is expected to be priced in the range of Rs 9 lakh to Rs 10 lakh.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The New Maruti Vitara
Maruti Suzuki has been a dominant player in the compact SUV segment and the Vitara Brezza is the best-selling compact SUV in the country. Now, Maruti Suzuki is planning to capture the mid-size SUV segment by introducing the Vitara. The new Vitara will rival the likes of Hyundai Creta, Mahindra XUV500 and Renault Captur.