- News MJ Akbar denies interview meeting with Ramani at Oberoi Hotel, next hearing on July 6
- Sports World Cup flashbacks: England's inexplicable collapse in 1979 final gave West Indies their second title
- Technology Samsung rolls out One UI update for older smartwatches
- Finance ULIPs Can Help In Long Term Wealth Creation: This Is How?
- Movies De De Pyaar De Weekend Box Office Collection: Ajay Devgn's Film Earns This Much In 3 Days
- Lifestyle Parents Do Not Want Their Son To Touch Himself And They Installed CCTV
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
New Maruti Vitara spied testing in India.
Maruti Suzuki is yet to confirm if the Suzuki Vitara SUV will be introduced in India, but with the recent test mule spotted by Gaadiwaadi, indicates that the carmaker is looking various options before the SUV can be launched in the country.
Known for introducing affordable and sub-Rs 10 lakh vehicles for India, Maruti Suzuki ventured into the C-Segment sedan segment with the Ciaz in 2014 and with the Maruti Brezza in the compact SUV segment in 2017 and found success.
The Suzuki Vitara spied had its badge covered probably indicating that Maruti Suzuki is testing the Vitara on Indian roads.
While Maruti Suzuki has not confirmed if the Vitara SUV will be launched in India, the test mule's specifications seemed rather interesting.
The spied Suzuki Vitara was powered by a 1.6-litre diesel engine which produces 116bhp and comes mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox.
The new-generation Suzuki Vitara is currently on sale in the European market.
The Euro-spec is offered in two engine options: 1.4-litre Booster Jet petrol engine and a 1.6-litre Fiat sourced Multijet turbocharged diesel engine.
As for the Indian market, Maruti Suzuki might employ its newly developed 1.5-litre petrol and diesel unit, which is expected to power the new Maruti Ciaz facelift as well.
Similar to the Brezza, the Suzuki Vitara features a boxy exterior, while its interior is expected to be roomier and feature-rich.
The Maruti Vitara is expected to be priced in the range of Rs 10 lakh to Rs 15 lakh ex-showroom.
DriveSpark's Thoughts About The Maruti Vitara Spied In India
The Suzuki Vitara measures 4,175mm in length, 1,775mm in width and stands 1,610mm tall with a wheelbase of 2,500mm.
The dimensions put the Vitara in direct competition with the popular Hyundai Creta.
With most of the recent products of Maruti Suzuki reaping a massive number of sales, it's just a matter of time before the Hyundai Creta finds a worthy rival.