- 54 min ago Scooter Spotted Testing Could Be The Bajaj Urbanite — Re-Introduction Of The Bajaj Petrol Scooter?
- 1 hr ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For April 2019 — The Honda Activa Runs Away With The Sales Yet Again!
- 18 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India For April 2019 — Hero MotoCorp Receives Stiff Competition From Honda
- 18 hrs ago Ducati Reveals Super Soco CUx Electric Scooter — A Piece Of MotoGP
- Movies Qubool Hai Actors Reunite At Melanie’s B’day Party; Surbhi Jyoti, Chandna & Others Have A Blast!
- Technology Nokia 6.1 Plus, Nokia 5.1 Plus available at up to Rs. 2,500 discount
- Finance Nifty PSU Bank Index Surges; SBI Hits Record High
- Sports Roland Garros: Federer, Nadal threaten Djokovic bid for historic Slam
- News Sunny leads, Hema trails
- Lifestyle 10 Effective Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure Hypotension
- Education TS Inter Re-verification Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On May 27
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Previously, we had reported about Maruti Suzuki considering the new Swift RS for the Indian market. The new Maruti Swift RS is the sporty version of the standard hatchback. Now, GaadiWaadi has spotted the new Maruti Swift RS in India. This suggests that Maruti Suzuki is readying the Swift RS for the Indian market.
The spotted model which is said to be the new Maruti Swift RS is finished in black colour. The Swift RS also gets a G 482 numbering on the body. The G 482 is an internal code name used by Maruti Suzuki to identify the test cars. So, there are chances of it being the RS variant of the Swift.
The spotted Maruti Swift RS gets disc brakes on the rear wheel, but the sporty version of the hatchback gets standard alloy wheels. The Swift RS is equipped with diamond-cut alloy wheels. The spotted model also misses out on side skirts and rear spoiler which adds to the sporty look of the hatchback.
If the reports are to be believed, the new Maruti Swift RS will draw power from a 998cc three-cylinder, turbocharged petrol engine that produces 101bhp and 150Nm of torque. The same engine is equipped on the Baleno RS and the power figures are expected to be the same. The engine will be mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
The new Maruti Swift RS will come with several updates such as aggressive front and rear bumpers, side skirts, roof-mounted rear spoiler and exciting body graphics. The interior might also get some special treatment in the form of sporty front seats and RS branding.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Swift RS
Maruti Suzuki is readying a new variant of the Swift for the Indian market and it will be the sporty Swift RS. With the hot hatch segment becoming popular in the country, the Swift RS could be a hit in the country. The new Maruti Swift RS is expected to carry a price tag of around Rs 8.5 lakh ex-showroom.